Saturday 2 May 2020

May. Finally!

So happy to see May. I hope it will bring some warmth with it as the trees are still bare. They are now starting to show buds but usually they sport some tiny little bright green leaves at this time of year. Oh well. I'll enjoy whatever I get whenever I can.
This was last Saturday afternoon. It's was cold-ish but warm enough to play outside. I did lots of Economy blocks then. 

The total for Jacob Ladder's border is now 50 Economy blocks. I believe I have 40 more to do. Lots of blues in here.

Played with more blue crumb blocks



which wasn't easy because I have a whole lot more dark blue than lights and brights.
This poor bag is so full. I need to do something about this ... maybe this weekend.

Hey! Look who I found!
It's Jacob! Gosh! I love this quilt! All in blue and green with whatever neutral I had.  It's a pre-blog flimsy.  I will recount how many blocks I need for the border. I also have to find a fabric for the inner border that will play nicely with all the blocks.
It's nice to revisit these fabrics as some I don't have anymore, like these.

You won't believe what I found while looking for Jacob.

Yep! Another bag of blue fabric. Oh! but there's a lot of lights in this one. Okay, so I'll definitively be sewing more blue this weekend, and finish the crumb blocks properly.


Angela announced the new color for May and ...

I have a head start. Dark green is very present in the Economy blocks since Jacob has a lot of those too.

The hand sewing is coming along too. It is very slow sewing as the hexies don't have their paper backing anymore.


Still, half of the row is done, so I see it as good progress for the little bit of attention I gave it.

The other end has its paper still attached. Hopefully, it will go faster.

So, that's all I have for now.
You take care, stay home no matter what they are saying. I love how this post on Facebook explained it.

Only 3% chances of catching Corona-virus. If I give you a bowl of 100 candies and I tell you three candies are poison and you might die if you eat one. Would you still gamble and eat a handful? Because you know you will meet more than just one person out there. 


Please, stay safe as I love you all.
;^)

Joining
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Kathy at Kathy's Quilts
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict





15 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW--you really did well in April RSC with so many lovely blocks...
I will be stepping aside this May as I am not into anything "dark" right now...and most of my greens went in January --darks and lights together...
I will be concentrating on doing some finishing up of earlier month's pieces...
~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose

Kathy S. said...

The blue/green version of Jacob's Ladder is stunning! Can't wait to see how the economy blocks go around it. Awesome to be able to sew outside on your deck. Warmer weather is coming. It's almost time for all those buds to pop and it will be green EVERYWHERE. Candy is so tempting. It's hard not to eat just one piece. But it is what we must do for now. It's time to find sweet alternatives such as sewing.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Jacob is QUITE the looker!! I'm SEW looking forward to seeing this quilt finished. Get busy, Chantal!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your Jacob's Ladder quilt - what a great find! Looks like you have the perfect project for linking April blues to May greens. Many quilty hugs to you, Chantal!

Fiona said...

a beautiful Jacob quilt... you do put together lovely ones and heaps of little blocks for the edge.... love your crumb blocks... something I have never managed to do... its lovely that you got to go outside to sew.. this weekend is too cold for me to do that...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Beautiful crumb blocks and so good your found Jacob and more scraps. Looking forward to seeing Jacob progress. Your hexies are looking wonderful, small progress is always good progress. Lovely to be able to get outside. Hope you see the new green buds very soon. Xx

Lin said...

Jacob is just stunning Chantal, those blocks are going to make a gorgeous border. xx

Barb said...

What a fun post I loved that you sewed outside in the sunshine. I'm trying to spend time outside too. It has been unusually cool and damp with little leaves on our trees.
Your crumb piecing is great. I haven't tried that yet.
your hexie project is fabulous! wow what a lot of stitching.

Barb said...

p.s. I like your candy bowl analogy and no thanks to hand full.
I might try 1 or 2 as that is equivalent to going out to the store, right?

Vicki in MN said...

Your Jacob's Ladder is stunning in the greens and blues, great scrap quilt. Staying home is really not a problem for me, I'm a homebody anyway. And my wallet is happier too!

Meloney said...

That is a beautiful grandmother's flower garden.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love all the pretty blue. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Magnifiques blocs bleus et... oh les belles chutes ! Tu as encore de quoi faire plein de beaux blocs bleus ;))

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that virus explanation... I'm going to send it out to my family!
I love your new header photo... such an amazing quilt!
And your hexie quilt... spectacular!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

gayle said...

I love your Jacob - what a beauty!
And your outside sewing looks so tempting! Enjoy that sunshine!