Wednesday 20 May 2020

Whatever Wednesday May 20, 2020

It not quilting but it's still fabric.

I had an inspiration a few weeks ago and started to "design" a template for our ID card holder at the office.

The ones given by the corporation are made of plastic. With the everyday use and the ups and down of our weather, the plastic tends to become brittle. No one wants to lose their ID, so I thought fabric. It won't break down in a year or two.

So I made one for me. Orange of course.
Front

Back
Not bad, but there's some areas that could be better. The plastic on the front comes from bags our toys are wrapped in when purchased.

When I showed pictures to my colleagues some asked for one, so I changed the pattern a little and did two more.

Front

Back

That's all I have to show for now. See you again soon.

;^)






5 comments:

kiwikid said...

That is a great idea, well done.

Lin said...

Brilliant idea - much nicer than plastic. xx

Fiona said...

great idea... and much prettier than an ordinary corporate one..
Hugz

CecileD said...

Quelle belle idée !! J'espère que tes collègues de travail ont apprécié !
Gros bisous Chantal :)

Ruth said...

It's fun to solve problems with fabric! I haven't done it very often, but making things out of fabric gives so many more possibilities, such as different colors and designs, washability, etc. I love your idea!