Friday 5 June 2020

336


I need 336 inches of fabric for the last border around Jacob's Ladder. Then I need another one 340 something long for the binding.  o_o


I love this fabric and I think it suits JL beautifully. 


But do I have enough? You see, it has been used before and it's not a meter anymore. 


I really hope my math are accurate otherwise ... I have a lot of dark blue strings, haha! 



I got a surprise this morning. A friend dropped two big bags on my porch. 
Guess what's in the bags? 

Of course, scraps!! What else would make me so giddy? Gift bags full of not-so-small scraps. My evening will be fabric therapy with a glass of wine. :^D 



And now for a real Ta-Dah! moment, here is 

Amid Joy all finished. 


It was a little sew-along hosted by Temecula last December. Nope, it was December 2018. Whaaaat! That long ago? Time flies but I ain't anymore, lol. 
I called it Amid Joy because I recall the fun I had making this one ... and how easy life was back then. 
Not the best machine quilting, but it was a good practice run. I've repeated those little leaves in the green border.  

A simple cream on red floral for the backing. It finishes at 30.5 inches. 

Another one off the UFO list. Only 30 more to do.  
Neeexxxt!  (hehe) 

Have a great weekend. 

;^)


Joining my friends at 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork & Quilts

















16 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck on stretching that blue fabric to finish Jacob's Ladder, Chantal, and congratulations on you beautiful finish, too!!

Lin said...

What a great little finish that is. Lovely to be gifted bags of scraps and I hope you are able to stretch that fabric! Have fun. xx

Ruth said...

That blue is perfect! Hope you have enough. I know how that goes. Fun to get bags of large scraps. I have had friends give me fabrics too. Sometimes, I'm not sure what I will do with them, but hopefully I can figure out something to make. I love your last finish!

PaintedThread said...

Huzzah for the finish. It's pretty! Good luck with Jacob's Ladder - I'm loving how it looks.

Deb A said...

Hope that blue fabric multiplies for you so you have enough. What a cute finished quilt you have! Enjoy the fabric therapy.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You're playing binding chicken - I'm rooting for you to win! Amid Joy turned out beautifully - what a sweet little quilt!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Congratulations on Amid Joy! It is a lovely quilt. Burgoyne surrounded is one of my favorite patterns-that-I-haven't-made-yet. Good luck with the binding. I'm always afraid to trust my math.

Kathy S. said...

Amid Joy is gorgeous! Definitely a Ta-dah moment. I have a couple of friends that leave me little treasures like that on the porch too. It's little happy moments like that that make me feel so loved and special--just because. I bet your math is spot on. You figure things like this on a regular basis.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Peut-être que pour la bande de finition un autre tissu pourra être utilisé s'il n'y en a plus assez... Bravo pour ce beau quilt terminé !

Jenny said...

Its always so exciting getting a bag of fabric isn't it. Only 30 more quilts to go, you say? Sounds bit like me!

Fiona said...

lovely little quilt Amid Joy is.... hope you have enough of that blue... and have fun playing with your scraps...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Good luck with the blue fabric, fingers crossed for you there is enough. Well done on the finish it is a beautiful quilt.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Thank you for sharing with Patchwork & Quilts link party ;))

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely projects. Visiting from the Patchwork and Quilts link up.

gayle said...

I'll be holding my breath that the blue is enough! It really is the perfect color!
And I adore your mini-Burgoyne! (Was it really that long ago that Temecula ran that one? Wow!)

Joy McD said...

Just stumbled on your blog... oh how I love your cover picture of such a beautiful quilt in the snow!!! Just gorgeous! xx