Sunday 21 June 2020

Giving Lots of Attention ...

... to my rotary cutter. 

Not a lot of sewing but Hippy Ya Hey! I'm having fun playing with fabric. Mostly flannel. In every colours I have. 


What am I going to do with all these freshly harvested pieces? 

(This is a nice image of whom I call my Super Seam Ripper btw.)


For one, I need to finish this crumb block quilt. 


I did a few more crumb blocks, 

all the while, I had a nagging feeling that the crumb part was done. Sure enough! I found the crumb blocks, chilling on the shelf, waving at me while I search every drawers!  Well, I now have too many blocks done. Care to guest what will be part of the backing? 

That's what I love about making quilts. It's like homemade cookies. It never goes to waste. 

I needed a break from all this cutting and looked at blogs. I visited Marly's Quilts page. She has a new project and Oh! My! Gallbladder is full! This is an easy and quick quilt to make with my flannel. 

Armed with a new blade in my rotary cutter, I took off, head first, into the jungle of flannel and  ...


... it's fun!!! This corona-coaster is really doing a number on me because cutting is my least favourite thing about quilt making. 
You wouldn't say that seeing this, now would you? The plastic bag on the right is full of little pieces for more crumb blocks for a one-day-I-will-make kind of project. 

Of course, it didn't just disappeared. It is piling up somewhere else but it's in neat piles. I'm so happy! 


Lots of bigger pieces, big enough to be folded. Some long pieces that are wide enough to become a scrappy binding so I am leaving them like that. 

Then, there's this. I am only catching up with the bigger pieces as I forgot to cut those sizes at the beginning. If I were to put the 2.5 X 4.5 pieces in one pile it would be over 4.5" high.  Maybe I'm cutting for two quilts? Haha! 

I took another break from cutting and got these done. 

Split 9-Patch for placemats. Only half of one placemat is made. Not even assembled. At that speed, we might have new placemats for Christmas. 

This is what Marly made me do, lol. (kidding) Don't expect too many like this one as all these pieces were given to me. I don't buy pink flannel for good reasons. The layout will have to be different from what Scrap Snap shows. Something will come to me eventually. Right now, I'm enjoying the fact that the flannel is being used. 

Have a great one. 

;^)



Joining 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 






11 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Haven't looked lately lest I be disappointed but I think ALL the flannel and homespun fabrics in the stash are now gone! More power to you quilting sister!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good for you with all that cutting and sorting, Chantal! That is on my "should be doing" list... Looks like you have lots of fun scraps to play with!

Vicki in MN said...

You are doing a great job attacking your scrap pile. I should take time to do that more often!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great job using up those scraps!

Fiona said...

you are on a roll with your scraps and getting them into order as well as making some lovely blocks...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you are having fun getting those scraps sorted.

Kim said...

Playing with fabrics is always the best fun. Gosh you have been busy with your cutting....just look at all those fun fabrics.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, no you DIDN'T!!! You started a Snap Scrap quilt without me? :o((

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Et hop, un nouveau projet en cours ;) J'avais vu ce bloc et il me plaît beaucoup aussi. Ca va être un beau quilt!
Merci de partager tes inspirations !

gayle said...

Good luck with that new project!
I have days where all I do is cut. Usually I prefer to cut a bit, then sew a bit, but some days that rotary cutter just gets on a roll! 8)

Barb said...

What a lot cutting and processing your flannels! Good for you I bet if felt great to get it all ready for sewing.
cute blocks!
happy sewing