Saturday 11 July 2020

Awful Weather Makes Beautiful Progress

Again, we are stuck in humid, hot weather with storms basically every night. Today, it's raining. That means the sewing projects are progressing. 

Let's see what I did this week beside watching TV. Yes, I've been binge-watching Project Runway with some needle work. I'm already at season 5. 

First, I did a label for my latest finish and attached it to the quilt. It was fun playing with the EPP hexagons again, so I continued. 

Don't know if these are labels or a new project. I was just sewing rosettes out of hexagons prepped a long time ago. Then I thought about my hexie project and started to work on it. 

Tried one diamond shape for the border of the Quilt of the Century. I'm not sure about this. So instead, I attached all the pieces for the last row at both ends. 

After, I started to attached the border. It's a very soft ivory fabric.  The progress is very slow as I am sewing it on my lap. I constantly have to make sure the border isn't waving. 
I'm thinking of moving my quilting frame around so I can use it to sew the borders and be able to watch the screen at the same time. At the moment, these two are facing each other, so my back is to the screen or to the quilting frame. Not convenient. Anywho! 

I managed to play with the crumb blocks too. Played the shuffling game with the blocks and invaded my son's project. Oops! He is building me an Adirondack chair. I am so spoiled. 
Two sections of the quilt are sewn. Not exactly quadrants but that's what I always call them.  This is the top left side ... 
and the top right side. It will be an 8 X 10 layout. 

And that's all. Hope you are all well. 

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts. 

Enjoy! 

;^)




20 comments:

scraphappy said...

Making great progress. Glad that the binge watching TV has been so productive.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Scrappy sewing and some bits of Dark BLUE, too!! :o))

Quilting Babcia said...

Love all your scrappy star blocks. I build most of my quilts in quadrants too. Much easier than assembling long rows.

gayle said...

I love your crumby stars!
Good luck in changing around your quilting frame. (It'll be a good location so you can watch tv while quilting, too!)
And you definitely have to show us that Adirondack chair when your son gets it finished!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a fun idea to make a rosette out of the hexies and use it as a label! (which gives me an idea...) i love those crumb stars - looks like that one is coming together nicely!

kiwikid said...

Your weather sounds pretty ordinary 🤔🤔
Love your hexies, great idea for a quilt label there and good idea to move your quilt frame around. Love your crumb blocks, you are making great progress.

grammajudyb said...

Several lovely projects in the works at your house! I just keep building RSC blocks and I am also cutting hst for donation blocks to Covered in Love. I ❤️ Your crumby stars!

MissPat said...

I really like how you are alternating the crumb block stars with another block whose name I don't know, but I like how they look together. We finally got some much needed rain yesterday and it has cooled off (mid-80's) for a few days.
Pat

maggie fellow said...

hexies are so addicting

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, I love all your projects! Your hexies are awesome, and your crumb stars are very inspiring. Stay safe from all the storms.

Marly said...

I like your crumb blocks in the scrappy stars. Beautifully scrappy!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful hexies and crumb blocks!

Julierose said...

Love those diamond hexagon shapes--Very pretty...julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Hmm, télévision ou couture, pas toujours facile de faire les 2 en même temps ! J'aime beaucoup ton hexagone-diamant, et ce quilt étoile est très beau !
Merci de partager ces petites merveilles !

Fiona said...

there is a lot of border to sew on there.... hope the weather cools for you soon.... lovely projects as always...
Hugz

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Loving those crumb blocks! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Nikki said...

Love your stars and crumbs!

Lin said...

Well I do love a hexie! Yes, tricky getting those edges straight - slow but sure. Nice work with the crumbs. xx

CecileD said...

Oui c'est vrai que quand il pleut, cela nous encourage à rester à l'intérieur et travailler avec nos bouts de tissus !!
J'aime beaucoup ton jardin de grand-mère !!
Gros bisous ma chère Chantal !!

Preeti said...

I have heard quilters say - it was a beautiful sunny day - perfect for quilting. Or it was a rainy day - perfect for indoor sewing. We always make it work for us :-) Your scrappy sewing is so yummy!!!