Saturday 4 July 2020

Progress in the Heat

It was very hot in my neck of the wood. We've reached 31C with 46% humidex this week. The perfect recipe to stay inside and sew. 

And sew I have. I've finished all the 13 missing stars for the flannel quilt. I forgot to take a picture before mixing them with the others so here's one of the last three. 
I immediately started working on the square blocks and only 14 left to do from 42. 

I won't bore you with lots of crumb block pictures, but here's the last batch I sewed.

Why didn't I finish all the square blocks? They will be strategically planned to fit in a specific spot to harmonize the colours. To bring a splash of yellow where there isn't enough, etc. The blocks in the above picture, still have a lot of shuffling to do I'm afraid. 

I've discovered something that might end up to be my doom. I found a website where I can watch, for free, all the seasons of Project Runway. I so love that show and we don't always get it up here. Yesterday, I watch the entire first season! I'm so doomed. 

Today, they are calling for high humidity again (49% with a high of 29C). It's like walking through a bowl of hot soup. Instant sweat weather. Yuck! So I am stuck inside. Who will win? The sewing machine or the net? 

Take care everyone. 
Happy Independance Day to all my American friends. Enjoy! 
;^)


Joining
Angela at SoScrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts





11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm not a fan of humidity either! Hope your sewing room is cool! The stars and squares are looking good together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super scrappy and, of course, I absolutely LOVE your project!!! I would be SEW tempted to translate this into one with quilting cottons, as opposed to your flannels, Chantal.

MissPat said...

Since I don't have air conditioning and our temps with be near or above 90F all week, I think I'll just sit and stare out your header photo and think about snow.
Pat

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love all your stars...so pretty.
Have a great day!

gayle said...

My mother always described this kind of weather as 'like breathing oatmeal' - can't say I disagree!
I love all your fuzzy flannel blocks! Happy block-shuffling!

kiwikid said...

Humidity makes me sit on the floor and do nothing!! You are going well with your blocks.

Julie in GA said...

I can't deal with hot and humid either. That's the perfect time to stay inside and sew! You've made great progress on your scrappy stars and squares!

Lin said...

You are making good progress. Oh I hate humid weather - enjoy your sewing room, and the TV! xx

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely blocks! Great way to use up those scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Rien de tel qu'une belle journée trop chaude pour coudre un peu (ou faire autre chose !). Très belles étoiles !

Astrid said...

Love your scrappy blocks. I don't like humid weather either, but that's part of living in the tropics.