Saturday 10 April 2021

April RSC Challenge

I haven't talked about my personal RSC Challenge for April because it took me a while to locate it. Haha! It's hiding since 2014! Time to do something about it. But what?

It is a BOM (Block of the Month) that Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times did (I think it was her first BOM). I was so excited about it because it was my first BOM too. Then, something happened and Judy had to quit before the BOM was finished. So I made enough Spool blocks to assemble the blocks into a 44 X 35.5" baby quilt. 

Not the best colours for a baby quilt but it was supposed to be a much larger quilt. Anywho!! This is the quilt I have to work on in April. So, do I add borders? What colour? Or do I just call it done and quilt it? 
It has been folded for a long time. 


Meanwhile, we had a four-day weekend and some sewing time was well spent. Look at my Smile quilt! 

It stalled at this point back in February. 
And now ... 


Yellow blocks quilted! 



Blue blocks quilted! 

Sorry, Aqua but you got quilted with blue thread too and I have to say you look pretty good.  

Green blocks quilted! 
The dark green thread looks better on the dark green block which seems to be MIA. I'll redo this block whenever I get a lighter green thread. (Yeah! Right! 🙄)

Purple block ... 

got fixed! Funny how I just skipped around the black section of the last part of quilting. I'm funny that way! 😁

Rainbow block quilted! I used white thread for this one. 

And that's it!! All the coloured blocks are quilted. Isn't that wonderful? I am so happy for the progress done on this one. It feels so good to have my quilting mojo back. 
The black and white sections will sport a loose meander design. 

I also did a pillow for my lovely little black panther-cat. 
It was cat-approved right away. 
Yes, there is a cat in there, sleeping with his little snowman. 

He was purring so loud. He loves the "house" my sons did for him and now, it's a 5 Stars Penthouse! haha! 


I did some masks for my sister's boyfriend.  
Got some blues in there. Her masks are coming up shortly. I played thread chicken and I won. (see the bobbin to the right of the masks? It was close.) 


Did all the large HST for HST quilt #2. Yes, I did the dark blue too because I was on a roll. All the large HSTs for this quilt are done. I'll make the 4-Patch HST unit as leader-enders. Pictures in the next post, I promise. 

Phew! That's a lot of sewing. Wish I could have another long weekend because it was fun! 

Take care! 

;^)

Joining friends at 





21 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Lots of progress to show for your long weekend. I guess I'd be tempted to just throw a couple borders on the BOM to make it throw size and donate it, unless you're attached to it because it was your first BOM.

Jenny said...

Yes, you have been busy, stitching up a storm! Love the picture of your black panther snoozing in his house with a snowman for company!

Maggie said...

Cats knows quality when they see it. Very good judges they are.

Fiona said...

You have got lots of sewing done.... glad that sweet little quilt is going to be finished.... I'm loving the quilting you are doing... perfect for showing off the blocks. I am over sewing masks now.... no the most exciting are they?
Hugz

Astrid said...

You have been busy! For the BOM, I think I would have added 1-2 borders and make it into a lap quilt. It's a fun quilt. Lots of quilting done on your Smile quilt, can't wait to see it done! Cats always find the best place.

MissPat said...

I'm glad your quilting mojo is back and you're making progress on several fronts. Funny how hard it is to go back to earlier UFO's and try to finish them. I have several that need to be quilted and donated to clear out space for new things.
Pat

Dasha said...

Wow! You have been productive. 👏👏 I need a bit of your energy. Can you throw some in my direction. 😂😂

swooze said...

Wow you got a lot done! Looking good. I call my DDs black cat a baby panther...lol... we are so punny!

PaintedThread said...

A border would look great on the spools quilt (but at that size there's no reason you couldn't call it done). Yay for winning bobbin chicken! lol

Barb said...

You're getting so much progress done. Good for you. Your machine quilting looks great on your fun quilt.
I love the cat penthouse! What a sweet kitty. I had a black cat named luna.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

A lot of work done here! C'est chouette un long week-end !
Thank you for linking up today!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's SEW good to hear that you've got your mojo back!! The sizing on the Spools quilt is totally up to you, Chantal. Do you have a fabric that might lighten it up a bit for a baby? If not, I think it's good the way it is. Congrats on getting the color blocks quilted on your M&M quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have gotten a lot done recently! I'm so glad to see the Smile quilt come back out - I love that one!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great job getting all those blocks quilted. I like your design. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Deb said...

So many things to love about your post, your house panther, your great stitching and your great pinwheel stars. Thank you , you really lightened my evening! Stay safe and sew on !

Cathy said...

Wow, you have been busy, girlfriend! I would add a border to the BOM quilt, but as someone said. You could easily call it done at this point. Love your panther kitty and his cute little house and toy!

Susie H said...

Wow! So busy. That's what happens when we are presented with 4 sewing days, right? Glad to see you got your FMQ mojo going again. I find it so relaxing, not to mention rewarding because it means I'm getting closer to a finish. Bet you feel the same way!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I wish I had such beautiful pieces to find in my drawers...this is gorgeous. As is that stunner in your header!

gayle said...

Well, you know me - I always say to throw a border on it! 8)
Glad to see you got all those blocks quilted! I know it was weighing on you, so I'm happy to see your mojo back!
And meow to that little penthouse dweller!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love black with all your RSC colors!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have been very busy and love your spool quiltthat you pulled out of hiding. Lol. Happy quilting.