Tuesday 27 April 2021

Tuesday Triangles (Edited)

It all started when I decided to empty this tub. It was full, like overflowing, with triangles of all sizes and colours. 

Little did I know it would take so long to see the bottom of it. 


Some were more "triangle" than others. 

All sizes were present. 

The beginning of the quilt. Block #1

There's still a lot of triangles in the tub. 


some are very big (and they might return in the scrap basket of their colour) or very small and some are the right size;

some are in plastic bags with the size written down. They are the leftovers from Shakespeare in the Park which you can see here.


some are just not the right kind of triangles (the blocks on the left are rejects from this table runner ) and some are sewn together.



 (not sure what I'll do with those red ones. They were surprises in a gifted bag. I have enough triangles to make six more One Block Wonder. Unfortunately, the triangles are not all cut the same size. Sigh!) 

Anywho! That's what's left in the tub. 


So, let's get back to the HST quilt. 
You see one block, you've seen them all, except for the fun of discovering new fabric or similar fabric to yours and so on. 

Yes, I did had to add some more fabric because there was WAY too many blue (Shakespeare in the Park, 365 Challenge Quilt, Jacob's Ladder) and too many green (Field of Poppies.) 

Relentlessly, the quilt grew. I made so many HST that at one point it was an addiction. (One quarter of the quilt)

I played with colours and values, trying not to have a fabric twice in one block and just had fun. (Two quarters of the quilt) 

Then I had a lot of HSTs that were just a tad too small for this quilt. 

So another HST quilt was born. 
HST Quilt #2 block 1 


Then I had a helper. (!?) 



If you know me one bit, you know that I didn't do all those blocks without a blooper. (¬_¬ )

Unfortunately, my computer died last week and I've lost a lot of photos. 😪 No, I mean a LOT of photos! 😭 Just believe me when I say I did a blooper! In my defense, it was in block #9 so I managed to make 8 blocks without a mistake!!! Shouldn't I get an Honorary Mention for that?  🤣


Anywho! With a lot of ironing (all seams are pressed open) (still not finished that stage), I am slowly putting the blocks together and my son got my wheels spinning. He said it would be nicer if it was red, white and black! That would be a stunning quilt. So, am I really gonna make another one? 🤦‍♀️ This one is even not done yet! Oh! Startitis! Once infected, we are never cured. 😂

Here's where I'm at with this project. (This is not the final layout. I just set them down on the deck to take a picture real quick before the wind blew them all away.) 

Borders ??
Made with 1024 HSTs or 2048 triangles. 



Take care, everyone! (●'◡'●)


;^)  and ᓚᘏᗢ 


P.S. Sorry for all the grammatical mistakes. I have a new motherboard and it came empty, empty of everything, dictionary included. Hahaha! 😉

Joining
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Frédérique at Patchwork And Quilts. 







12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's fabulous, Chantal!!! And just so you know, I might have laid out one of these blocks over the weekend. It's ALL YOUR FAULT!! :P

Lin said...

Ooops, shame about the computer, so annoying and all those lost photographs! Something for us all to learn there. Anyhow, just stunning! Even if you did just lay them out quickly they look amazing and all from scraps. Brilliant. xx

Gretchen Weaver said...

I LOVE your quilt, it's beautiful! That is a LOT of HST's! Happy stitching!

Julierose said...

WOwsers!! That's a whole lot of triangles!! Beautiful save on them all--nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is amazing, Chantal! Just beautiful. Pressing all those seams open might be a bit daunting, lol!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh bravo, les blocs sont absolument fantastiques ! Dommage que le vent ait tout balayé ;))

Astrid said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it! That's a lot of triangles! Now I'm tempted to pull out my box with triangles and start sewing, but that won't happen now. Priority is to finish some UFO's.

Cherie in St Louis said...

So impressive! I have a container of triangle, for sure not as many as yours had.....dare I dive in and see, 😂

gayle said...

From one Triangle Queen to another - well done!!

Fiona said...

Absolutely gorgeous.... looks so good. Sorry about losing photo's.... grrrrr
Hugz

MissPat said...

Much sympathy on the computer crash and loss of photos. I've loved this one from the first time you showed it, but I hate pressing seams open and I can never get the seams to match when I do. I suppose the final block is so busy that a few mismatched seams don't show. So an idea I'll file away, but can't start right now.
Pat

Monica said...

This is a gorgeous design, it looks fantastic all together. Great job!