Friday 2 April 2021

From Green to Blue

There was still a few days left of March after the last Saturday, so I continued to sew some green.
Second green tulip and ...
 
... tiny little 3.5 Shoo-fly blocks were done.


I need one more green Tulip block and can't decide which fabric to choose. What would you pick, high contrast or celery? 


Then I switched my attention to blue fabrics. I pulled these out for the next Tulip blocks

and while I'm at it, might as well get a darker one too. 

Well, surprise! With the glorious sun this morning, my fabrics don't look so dark but they are ... darker than the others anyway. 



During March, I did 25 and 1/2 hours of volunteer work at different immunizing locations. It was fun to finally see some "real" people (haha) and to feel needed and helping out. Yes, I was tired. Yes, it was long hours at a time (sometimes after my day job). Yes, I will do some more in April. The Eastern Ontario Health Unit is so well organized that I love my time with them. Each volunteer has a job to do. Sometimes I worked as one of the greeters, other times, I served as a "watcher", making sure people felt fine after their shot and staying the mandatory 15 minutes. Every chair gets disinfected after each client. The elders (75 yo and up) are so grateful for the help the volunteers bring. They expect long line-ups and filling out papers they don't understand, and then, we (volunteers) show up and help them with it all. There are chairs available (six feet apart) at every step of the way and even a few wheelchairs.  One lady said to me as she sat down for her 15 min time-out "I got in line at 4:00 p.m. and was immunized at 4:04 p.m. That's not what I expected." (I think I will remember this phrase for the rest of my life. None of the volunteers or nurses knew we were being timed.) 


Take care. Stay safe. We are NOT out of the woods yet. 

;^)


Seeing my friends at :
Life in a Scrapatch 








13 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Not only do I like your blue fabric choices, but your volunteering to help with vaccine clinics! I know I appreciated the happy smiling faces I encountered when I went to get my shots, and tried to say, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Fiona said...

I do love your tulips .... fun choosing fabrics... well done with the volunteering... it makes a big difference to people and I think sometimes it helps for 'us' to see what is involved....
Hugz

swooze said...

I love the greens at the bottom. That woven print especially. I’m sure whatever.r you choose will be wonderful!

Lin said...

As you have two darker green tulips maybe you should go with the lower pair of fabrics although I must say I prefer the top two! Well, there we are, no help at all really lol. Nice to get the blues out this month although bright blue does seem to be a bit scarce in my stash. Great to be helping out with the vaccinations. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh que ces tissus sont beaux ! Pas facile de choisir, je suis sûre que tous feront de belles tulipes ;)
Bravo pour ton engagement ����

MissPat said...

Thank you for being a vaccine site volunteer. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and efficient the process was when I got both shots. And, except for a sore arm after the first, I suffered no side effects. Today is my two week post 2nd shot day. Hurray!
Isn't it fun to search through our scraps looking for likely candidates for RSC blocks? Now, if I could only actually do that, I might accomplish something.
Pat

Vivian said...

Thank you for all your support for the vaccination cause! Love that tulip block! The header quilt is a stunner too.

Deb A said...

Love the tulip blocks - I'd go with the brights! Thanks for helping out at the vaccine site. When I went (in Florida) for mine the cheerful volunteers made it a very pleasant experience.

Maggie said...

The world can not wait to have everyone vaccinated, so important to get it done as soon as possible. Love those blues!

Jenny said...

How wonderful to read about you volunteering at the immusation centers, well done you! Especially after doing your day job too. Pleased you manage to get a little sewing done too.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks so much for being a volunteer! You are awesome!!

Love your blue fabric choices. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Helen said...

I like the muted but am drawn to the brights sorry not much help. A huge thank you to you and all the volunteers around the world you are truly amazing.

Momma Lynne said...

I just discovered your tulips today. Sorry I am late. I would like to know where to look for the pattern.