Saturday 17 April 2021

Catching My Breath

It was a crazy week but I survived and today, I plan to sew.

I took Tuesday afternoon off from work to go help a vaccine site (30 minutes drive one way) because there was no one available to go. The vaccine bottles got to the site frozen! (Which is normal, as they are always frozen but someone forgot to get them out early.) It took 45 minutes to thaw, so we were backlogged all day. I got back home at 9 pm. Exhausted but happy. That was followed by three days of zoom meetings and formation on the new platform we will be using at the office next month. Since I am in the "Super Users" group, I had to be present. We need to know the back doors of this program so we can answer all questions. 

Now, on to quilty things, please. I need a "fix" of fabric and coffee, haha. 

Last weekend, I continued the quilting on Smile and 

Ta-Dah! 
The pinwheels and the black and white sections are all quilted. The borders and the strip with the M&M gang are next. I'll do those with a black thread. 

I used plain white thread to the B/W sections. You can see here that the dark green block (which was MIA in the last post) looks much better than its pattern does with the dark green thread.  
You can see that the border is very wavy and Kathy talked about that just last week. My top was not taut enough when I pinned it. That's what happens when you rush into things like I do. Haha! 


I said I would show you the blue HSTs for my second HST quilt. 
Here they are with my little rascal, Raven. 
Raven: "Mama, you should have stacked the piles straighter for the picture."
Me: "May I remind you that they were all pretty BEFORE you decided to run into them."
Raven: "I would never do such a thing, Mama!" (staying put just long enough for a photo before darting off again.)


For the second HST quilt, I need a gazillion of 4-Patches made with 2" HSTs. And that it. Easy peasy, right? I'll have two wonderful HST quilts in no time. Bwahahahaha! 

The good thing about Zoom meetings and formation is that no one knows what your hands are doing. 
So, I did this. 
  
I finished sewing all the leaves for Cecile & Corinne's Challenge "Curves".  It has to be finished (completely finished) for next month. I really need to work on this one. (The background still looks blue but it is white.)

That's all folks. 
Have a pleasant weekend. 

;^)

Joining 









24 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Your Smile quilt looks great! It is a bright and happy quilt! I have a ton of triangles that I need to do something with. Good luck on your HST projects!

Sara said...

The M&Ms quilt is adorable! I love how you used the border print just on one side and may have to steal that idea. So clever!

old sew n sew said...

Thank you for helping at the vaccine site. You will never know what a difference you may have made in someone's life.

CecileD said...

Ton M&Ms quilt avance doucement mais sûrement !
Raven est absolument adorable et va certainement aimer tout ce que tu vas faire dans ta salle de patch !!
Un grand bravo pour tes avancées dans le challenge des courbes !! Allez je t'encourage de tout mon coeur !! Bon WE ma chère Chantal !

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Smile looks wonderful! I love that border print - it just makes me *smile!* Pretty orange peel project, too - I really like the way you made the colors flow.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, sure, Chantal!! Blame the sweet kitten because YOU can't stack the quilt blocks nicely. :P

Jenny said...

Good on you yelping out with the vaccines! Life your bright and happy quilt you are working on.

Fiona said...

sounds like you are very busy.... hope the vaccines are going well over there.... lovely HST's and the quilted quilt looks great...
Hugz

Kathy S. said...

This is gorgeous. LOVE the M&M fabric on the side to pull it all together. Nicely done.

Astrid said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love how you used the stripe on the side. That sounds like a busy week. Enjoy your weekend.

swooze said...

Your quilting is looking wonderful!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Your smile quilt truly makes me smile.

Lin said...

Great use of your Zoom time! Smile is looking great - as is gorgeous Raven! xx

Deb A said...

That M&M fabric is awesome! Zoom time does allow for handwork if you are lucky enough to just be listening in. Love the leaves. Hope you have a wonderful weekend playing with fabric.

AnnieO said...

That's a busy day to remember--glad you could forget some of the pain with needle, fabric, and thread.

Cheryll said...

All your projects are wonderful...full of colour...

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Mon mari aussi a dû aller à 30 minutes de chez nous pour se faire vacciner. Ton Smile est magnifique ( et le petit chat aussi !!)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for helping with the vaccine site. I'm heartened every day that more people are vaccinated and say thank you to all that are making the vaccinations possible. I love your M&M quilt. Raven is an adorable rascal!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Smile sure does make me smile . It is so vibrant and fun and I just love that M & M fabric. What a fabulous quilt. Happy quilting.

Barb said...

Hooray for Vaccine heros, those helping, those doing their part and getting one and those taking other to get theirs.
Your Raven is a sweet little helper!
Your applique leaves are very pretty.

Bonnie said...

Yikes... it's hard to figure out everything and obviously that happened at the vaccine site. I hope those coming for shots were understanding. Love the little M&M quilt. It's so cheerful and cute. Good for you getting a little hand work done while zooming. I only zoom with friends so I often do odd ball little jobs like ripping or stitching during the time. Have a quilty week.

Nann said...

The pinwheels and HSTs in the M&Ms quilt are great. I went back to read the previous posts about them. With vaccine-by-appointment it would be easy to snarl up the schedule. Hopefully things will get smoother.

MissPat said...

Thank you for pitching in when help was needed for vaccine distribution. What a clever idea to use the M&M border fabric in your pinwheel quilt. Hope this week was a little calmer for you.
Pat