Saturday 29 January 2022

Table Scraps, and Scraps, and Scraps, and ...

Early this morning, I finished my placemat made with strings. (Sorry for the poor quality of the picture. No sun yet this morning.)


It is my first time linking up with Joyful Quilter for Table Scraps Challenge. (Yay!) You can read all about it here.  If you look closely at the edge on the right-hand side, there's a snowman. 😊
My goal is to make a placemat each month (fingers crossed but no obligations) for this challenge using only strings as that department is overpopulated.
It's also my first time at machine binding. Not perfect but I'm sure by October, I will be more comfortable with this technique. Here's a picture of the back. 

You probably can tell that this is a quilt as you go. Well, except for the little square and the triangle. I have to give credit to Joanne from Canuck Quilter for the design. She calls it Breadcrumbs. (Very appropriate, I'd say.) She does such lovely things and sells her patterns too. Go check her out. Thanks for the inspiration, Joanne. 💙

My leader-enders were 9-Patch, what else? 
I know they aren't red but how can I leave this little bit of scrap alone? It has its own Rainbow! 


I got distracted and not just by this little piece. I was distracted in a BIG way!!

I got Scraps and Scraps and Scraps ... 


Raven has to sniff any suspicious package, in case there's a squirrel hiding in it. Poor Raven, you can not see the squirrels I see. And there's more ...  (anyone doing an I Spy quilt? Elaine, need some more?) 


A sweet (and very generous) sewing sister and her sister cleaned their respective sewing rooms. I won the loot. This is so impressive that I am speechless. I'm in fabric heaven! Thank you so so much, Anne and sister. May you receive as many blessings as I just got. 💖💖

Two questions come to my mind when I look at this picture. ONE:  How much money?  TWO:  How long do I have to live? 😄 Needless to say, I had to dive right in. I'm still working on it. Hence, two 9-Patch blocks that aren't red at all. 

Early this morning, I did play with red and got my first Scrap Jar Star done. 


I'll sew more red this weekend as I am not about to run out of scraps anytime soon. 


Hope everyone stays safe and I'll catch up with you next week. 
Have a great one! 

;^)

Joining 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scraps! 





















21 comments:

scraphappy said...

Scraps for a lifetime! Definitely motivation to get busy and sew some of them up. Love the scrap Jar Star. A classic for a reason.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So good! Love how you squeezed the snowman in there! Those surfing trolls!?! Haha! You're about to embark on a super fun journey!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the design of your string placemat, Chantal! And look at all those scraps - they will keep you busy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow, Chantal, that's an incredible scrap haul!!! Oh, what's that? I'm supposed to be commenting on your TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry? Well, now you are set for several lifetimes of participation! :o))

Cathy said...

The Breadcrumbs Table Scraps placemat you made is so striking. She has some lovely patterns, doesn’t she? And that scrap haul makes my mouth water and my hands itch!! Have a blast going through it!! Oh, and when you’re done fondling it, we can’t wait to see what you make!

Maggie said...

Wow! You won the fabric lottery that is for sure, how long will it take you to sew all this up, once you get going…
Have a fun adventures and enjoy the ride. The journey will be a creative path and a wonderful one. Stay warm and safe.

Quilting Babcia said...

Wow, a lifetime or two of scrappy goodness! I like the star block, there are so many lovely scraps there. Have fun with your new treasures!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

thanks for sharing your string placemat and scrap jar star. LOVE both!

Fiona said...

Love the red placemat.. great way to use the strips..... Wow you did win the fabric lotto... wonderful.... so much fun in there..
Hugz

Deb A said...

Great job on the placemat - I love Joanne's patterns. What a great fabric gift! I see lots of stitching in your future!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Woo hoo! Scrap treasures! Love that print with the rainbow. Congrats on the placemat, great idea to use strings and quilt as you go.

Ivani said...

Love your red placemat, Chantal.
WOW!! is there any gift so perfect as fabrics and scraps. Have fun.

Lin said...

What generous friends you have! I do love your placemat - great design. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

J'aime beaucoup ton set de table, les petites voitures sont rigolotes aussi ! Te voilà avec assez de tissus pour succomber à plusieurs Squirrels sans remords ;))

MissPat said...

OMG, I would be so overwhelmed by that abundance of scraps, that I wouldn't know where to start. Guess you won't be running out of things to do any time soon. Have fun.
Pat

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Such pretty red projects. Great idea making your placemats quilt as you go. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

loulee said...

Oh my! That is incredibly generous. You have plenty to keep you going.

gayle said...

Enjoy all that loot! You're going to have so much fun!

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG what a pile to receive...... Goodluck......

Dasha said...

Lovely haul there and some wonderful scrappy things to make.
If you weren't so far away Chantal, I'd send you some scraps too :-)

Elaine Adair said...

Your really did get a BUNCH of good stuff. I am still working on what was sent to me, months ago. I made 4 quilts and a friend grabbed a handful of "cutsies" to make another one. Hardly made a dent, but "One step at a time."