Saturday 5 February 2022

The Last Red Note

I sewed more red blocks last weekend and added a new block.

This is Jericho Wall block. The Stash Buster Challenge 2022 by Border Creek Station chose this wonderful block. It's a new to me block and I'm enjoying sewing it. The solid burgundy squares at the corners are a constant colour. I have so much of that fabric that I'm sure I have enough for the entire quilt. The black in the middle is another constant colour. I'm using up a lot of white and beige scraps for the rest of the block. I couldn't resist adding it to my list of blocks for RSC. 

Funny enough, the UFO I have to work on during the month of Aqua is also a block presented by Border Creek Station. In my Rainbow UFO Challenge list, I left the colour Aqua empty as I didn't know what to work on. I have now named Spinner as my project for this month. I'll show you what I did during January Rainbow UFO Challenge in another post. 

There are too many quilts I want to make and receiving more fabric from friends only spurs my mojo to sew more and more. I am done sorting all the boxes and bags I received last week. Every single colour basket is overflowing. 

The long strips on top of the middle seat are the fabric I wanted to sew first, turning them into fast 9-Patch blocks. This morning, I can't find them. They must be under another pile of scraps as I don't know where to store all of this anymore. They'll pop up eventually. 

The 9-Patch on the left is my regular 9-Patch block finishing at 3 inches. The one on the right will finish at 6". No, it's not another project I started. Those pieces (4 reds and 6 golds) were already cut at 2.5" and I just thought they looked good together. There's a  little Beijing vibe in there, no? (or are the Olympics influencing my vision?) Anywho. 

I started on the Aqua blocks too. 
I did two solid fabric blocks but the white in the second one shrunk during ironing. That white fabric is now expelled from the scrap bin. 


Thanks to Cheryll for having me over on Friday night for the FNwF (Friday Night with Friends) for a little bit of sewing. I did these. :^D 

Star Bloom
(See the maquette of Star Bloom in this post.)

Jericho Wall

I should have quit after the first block as sewing when I'm tired is never a good idea. 

My first blooper of the year. I was doing so well that I thought I was NEVER going to sew another blooper again! Hahaha. Silly girl. 


That's it for now. 
Hope you are all well and warm. 
;^)

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia for Oh Scraps 






12 comments:

scraphappy said...

So many new scraps. Have fun with the sorting and the using! Lovely teal blocks to add to all your collection.

loulee said...

All those lovely scraps, you surely will have beautiful quilts this year.

Jenny said...

Sorting and pressing donated fabrics always takes time, but I bet you enjoyed seeing what delights there were amongst the pieces. Sewing while tired is not a good idea, but we all do it. Just trying to get one more block done, I guess.

Cheryll said...

Thanks for joining in FNwF...& the block "star bloom" is unusual. Love all the blocks and the colours...xox

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, ce bloc Jericho Wall est très beau, en rouge, et en aqua ! Les bandes égarées finiront bien par réapparaître ;)

Fiona said...

haha... we've gotta have bloopers to laugh about!!! love all your aqua blocks...
Hugz

gayle said...

Bloop! (You lasted longer than I did...)
Jericho Wall is a new block to me, too. What a pretty way to get scrappy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck finding storage solutions for your scrappy windfall. Ugh! Silly, Chantal, you KNOW better than to sew too late in the evening. Wishful thinking that you would never have another blooper!! :P

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I am so impressed that you got all those boxes and bags sorted in just a week! Plus sewing several blocks! Into every life, some bloopers must fall. All fixed now and looking great.

Quilting Babcia said...

I do like those Jericho Wall blocks. Will have to try some when I get a chance. Enjoy your scrappy treasures!

Preeti said...

Love your blocks. They will make fun secondary blocks :-)

Raewyn said...

Oh what fun, having lots of new scraps to play with! The Jericho Wall block is lovely and the Star Bloom interesting - do several of those make one block?