Saturday 26 March 2022

Done For Now

My man doesn't understand sewing. Sometimes, when I come out of my sewing room, he asks if I'm done sewing. 🤨 🤔 How can I EVER be done sewing? "Done for now" I say. 

I didn't get all my RSC blocks/projects done for this month. It's a good thing there are still five more days left. Hopefully, I'll find time to sew the rest of the yellow blocks. 😀

I did get three Star Bloom blocks assembled. 
 
I did cut a gold fabric too but forgot to cut the bigger pieces for the HST. When I saw what I had left as scrap, it was obvious that it wasn't big enough. Duh! So I'm on a hunt for another gold fabric. 


I'm still working on the yellow placemat.

It is on top of my priorities for this weekend, after taking care of the grocery shopping and the laundry which is also never done. 


What else was done? 
Crumb bricks got their grey borders. A yellow one and a gold one were added. I really love yellow and grey together. 




On a different kind of done. This past week I sent in my resume for a new job. Fingers crossed that next week will bring me good news. I love what I'm doing now but the paycheck isn't much for all the responsibilities I have. Anywho, time will tell if I'm done with that job. The best part is that the new job is with the same employer, so I don't lose any benefits or vacation time. 😊 More on that later, if I get the job. 

Hope you have a great sewing week. 

;^)

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 





14 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of pretty yellows in your blocks today, Chantal! I love those Star Bloom blocks - such a neat design. Maybe men who are quilters would understand that we're never really done sewing! Mine always wonders where I get all these ideas, lol! Good luck with your new job possibility.

cityquilter grace said...

men don't get it....flaw in the testosterone...LOL

MissPat said...

I really like the Star Bloom blocks. Good luck on the job front.
Pat

Fiona said...

Lovely yellow work - it is such a happy colour. My hubby has the same idea that we might get finished!! haha. All the best with the new job...x
Hugz

gayle said...

Best of luck with the new job!
(My stepmom asked me that same question one time - 'did you get all your sewing done?' and I totally didn't understand what she was talking about...)

Quilting Babcia said...

You've got a great start on a lot of blocks. Little by little the quilt eventually gets done. Good luck with your new job prospects!

Dorothy Wills said...

Beautiful yellow work. Nice job.

Lin said...

Lovely yellows - good luck with the job. xx

Ivani said...

Beautiful yellows, Chantal. Love the Star Bloom blocks.
Have fun playing with yellow during these March last days.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to the placemat finish! Let me know if you need me to mail you some YELLOW/GOLD to finish off the Star Flower block, Chantal. I'd be SEW happy to help!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

My fingers are crossed for you! I think you did a great job so far sewing up your yellows. I love your blocks so far. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

maggie fellow said...

beautiful blocks

Chookyblue...... said...

I must use more yellow....

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Les 3 Star Bloom blocs sont beaux ensemble ! J'aime bien tous ces jaunes et or, ça fait printemps !
Je croise les doigts pour ta candidature ;)