Sunday 27 March 2022

Table Scrap Challenge in Yellow


Well, you probably already know what my Table Scrap Challenge project looks like since it's the same as January and February.

I love grey and yellow together but the fabric I chose as background might not have been the best option. I didn't want something too dark, it's a placemat after all. So I picked a light grey fabric with white fern leaves print. I find it too white but too late.  


Using up some long and not-so-long strings with plenty of flowers, even dandelions. 
 

I thought of using this crazy wild print for the backing. I even sewed some pieces to make it fit, then I changed my mind. You know, I would get so much more accomplished if I didn't change my mind all the time. Sigh! 

I went with this much calmer print. 

It's laundry day! 
I visited Kathy (Kathy's Quilts) this morning for some slow stitching. I will finish sewing the binding down tomorrow, maybe during my lunch break. 

Ta-dah! 

So this is my TSC project (hosted by Joyful Quilter) for March with its binding pinned to its back for the picture.  



Have a great week with plenty of sewing time. 

;^)


Also joining 





6 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Your scraps made for such a cheerful placemat. I like it!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so fun and happy all in yellow, Chantal! I really like your design, too. Hope you enjoyed some slow Sunday Stitching time!

SueR said...

Hi Chantal, Blogger is being so touchy today! Just wanted to say that yellow is a lovely color for March, and you've certainly put your scraps to good use. Love your little placemat, and love those strings!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Close enough is good enough for this challenge, Chantal!! Thanks for joining the March 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party with your nearly finished placemat. It looks SEW cheerful in YELLOW/GOLD!!

Fiona said...

I love your yellow place mat.... you are funny about your mind changing... but it is our prerogative to do that...
Hugz

Scrapatches said...

I change my mind all the time, too, when it comes to fabric. I know I am overthinking it sometimes, but it is who I am am and what I do and I am happy being me. The bird in hand photo in your header is so touching. Only a very kind and patient and loving person could be so touched by a wild bird. ... <3 Pat