Saturday 12 March 2022

March Rainbow UFO Challenge

On Tuesday, we woke up to a Winter Wonderland perfect landscape once again. We are to get some more this weekend. Hopefully, it's the last time I need to shovel. 


More Spinners' blocks were sewn during February. 

Did the two missing blocks. I found another solid blue that wasn't already in this quilt so I added it along with a soft purple. I'm happy with that. 

Did lots and lots of little HSTs and sewed them in the 4-Patch formation in order to finish a few more blocks.
 





So here's what was ...

... and what is now. 

Like a puzzle, lots of HSTs units are missing, leaving gaps in the big picture. I have to be careful how I build them now as the units have to "befriend" their neighbours. So I make 2 or 3 units at a time, take them to the design floor, and try to find them a place to live. It's a slow pace but I like it. I'm happy with the progress too. 

In my Rainbow UFO Challenge, the colour yellow is tagged to the Buttons and Spools project which needs to be quilted. Since Field of Poppies is pinned already, I will switch these two around. I will work on Buttons and Spools when the colour green is called. (Or whenever Field of Poppies is done.)

Field of Poppies as a top



This was my frustration this morning: Too many words start with STOR for me to win. 🙄



Have a fabulous week everyone. 

;^)

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scraps! 



13 comments:

MissPat said...

Wait, that's not the word I had for Wordle on Sat 3/12. You sure are a glutton for punishment with all those little HSTs.
5 minutes ago the sun was shining. Now it's snowing again like crazy. Spring can't come soon enough.
Pat

Dorothy Wills said...

There's gonna be a lot of time put into that quilt by the time your done. Nice work.

Fiona said...

So pretty with the snow .... but of course I don't have to shovel a picture! So many sweet little HST's... you are getting on so well with that quilt.... I enjoy doing Wordle too... and now the Canadian version as well so 2 a day! haha...
Hugz

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Belle avancée avec les HST, il ne reste plus beaucoup de trous ! Field of Poppies est magnifique. Allez courage, le printemps arrive !
Merci pour le partage de liens ;)

loulee said...

Field of poppies is beautiful
Your RSC top is going to be incredibly colourful.

Quilting Babcia said...

It's been snowing and blowing all day today, hope we'll be able to get out for church tomorrow. Field of poppies is so pretty!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Good luck with the quilting, Field of Poppies is terrific. And thanks for showing us your progress on your Spinners blocks. So much scrappy goodness!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice progress, Chantal, and good luck with quilting Field of Poppies!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your HST pinwheel project! I can see where you would need to be careful with block placement - and pressing direction, too. One of these days Spring will finally take over, and we'll be done shoveling. Snow has been a pretty regular visitor here in Colorado recently, too.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your scrappy project is looking amazing! The last few blocks always seem to take the longest to make. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

I feel you on Wordle....I hate when that happens!

Lin said...

Your blocks are coming together really nicely. Have fun with the poppies. xx

Deb said...

Yep , we got the winter wonderland here in Alberta too. Gorgeous but 10 inches is just too much snow! Great work on the spinners. I have been doing yellow crumbs all day. Lots of blocks but the mellow yellows make me happy!

gayle said...

I really love your spinners! Lots of energy there! (Both yours and the quilt's!)
We got a ton of snow on Saturday but now it has warmed up again and we've got a ton of mud...