Saturday 2 April 2022

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like ...

Blogger did it again. I'm not getting your comments in my inbox. I will reply to the comments you left me last week but it will take a little longer as I have to find your email address. Please be patient with me. Thanks. (Yes, I did write to Blogger!)


On to more fun things; fabric! I cracked. I said I wouldn't buy more fabric (with everything my friends bring me, what else do I need, right?) but I needed some background ones and a wide blue one for the backing of 365 Sampler Challenge. 

I found this new-to-me store in British Columbia, Canada. It's as far as Canada will allow and yet it is cheaper than another store in Toronto which is a 7-8 hours drive away from here. It's called DinkyDoo and they have all the greatest designers (Henry Glass, Riley, Stella, Ruby Star, Moda, etc.) so you know the fabric is good quality cotton. They have free shipping this weekend. (Just saying.)


I also "splurge" at Walmart on some whites. I bought this white one (at the bottom of the picture) and the quality is so good (and way above what Walmart usually sells here in Ottawa) that I went back and got two more, and then some. 😁 So lots of 💲pending in the last week of March. 

In the last week of March, I also finished the yellow placemat. It's beginning to look a lot like a rainbow! 



a fourth Star Bloom with those of last week, 



another (the fifth one) Jericho Wall



Scrap Jar Star is the reason for the purchase of the white fabric. I have a LOT of white scraps but the star points ask for bigger pieces and since I want it very scrappy ... oh! who am I trying to convince, you or me? 


Anywho! 9-Patch group photo. 

I did some pink ones too because ... you know ... APRIL!! 


Is that it? Hmm, looks like it. For now anyway. 😉


Take care everyone. 
;^)


I'll be with 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 
I am grateful to these ladies for being there week after week.  






17 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Un ou deux achats de temps en temps, ça ne peut pas faire de mal ;)) Ces tissus blancs ton sur ton sont très beaux, tu as bien fait ! Bravo pour cette impressionnante galerie de blocs jaunes, et déjà quelques roses ! Tu es rapide !

Fiona said...

We always need those bigger pieces of fabric.... and good purchases at sales! I love all your different projects...
Hugz

The Joyful Quilter said...

YELLOW scrap sewing, a start on PINK and a fabric purchase, too? Sounds like a really good week, Chantal! Let me know if you would like an explanation of my "workaround" for getting comments into my inbox.

loulee said...

Lots of lovely progress.

Astrid said...

Great progress on blocks and pretty rainbow placemats. I have lots of fabric, but never seem to have enough of neutrals and wide backing when needed. Actually I have bought some wide backing this year to finish some UFO's and I think I'll have to get some neutrals in near future, just bits and pieces left.

Jenny said...

White, cream and neutrals are always what we need good shopping.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm always running out of neutrals too. Nothing wrong with shopping for what you need, right? Pretty placemats and lots of happy scrappy blocks, great job.

Marly said...

I love all that yellow Chantal, but that Star Bloom looks very complicated.
Your shopping haul is lovely, and of course it was necessary because "the more the merrier" also applies to fabric!

Deb said...

Wow, you are really keeping up with the colors! I am behind again, but that just gives me more reason to keep sewing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those wide backings are so convenient for finishing a quilt, you just about have to buy them, right?! Glad you found a good place for that. Love your rainbow of placemats, too!

Quilting Babcia said...

Quilters and fabric just go together! Fighting it is futile!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Those white fabrics from Walmart all look soo good! Cute placemats! And all your yellow RSC blocks--love them!!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

BTW, when I have trouble with blogger I find it usually resolves by logging out and logging back in again.

Lin said...

Lovely yellow blocks and pink already! Nice selection of background whites, they are always usseful. xx

MissPat said...

Your blocks are all lovely. I'm traveling, so I've fallen behind on my yellows and will get a late start on pink.
Pat

gayle said...

We always always ALWAYS need light neutrals! Splurge away!

Vicki in MN said...

I am wondering did you get your blogger comment issue resolved? I get the emails in my inbox but it no longer has everyones email address with it. Have any idea how to fix that?