Saturday 28 May 2022

The End of May


Are the end of months getting closer to the first of the month, or is that just me? It's hard to believe that 4 weeks have passed already. There should be speed limits to months, you know I mean?

I enjoyed some green sewing this past week.
  
Scrap Jar Star - Greenalicious! 


Two more Chaser blocks - Leafabulous


Two Forestastic Star Bloom blocks. 


During the few days left this month, some solid green fabric will be assembled for my last RSC2022 block along with some 9-Patch. 



Update on the Storm of May 21st. Hydro calculated that 566,000 people in Ontario were without power, and some are still without today. Sending gentle thoughts their way. At work, the phone rang off its hook all week by people stranded without edible food in their fridge and freezer. It was a tough week emotionally. 

... and my favourite green-eyed monster. 

Hope all is well with you. Enjoy! 

;^)

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia at Oh Scrap! 



16 comments:

Sara said...

I think May just flew by and left me in the dust. The Bloom Star blocks are so interesting and I can't wait to see how they all come together. Intriguing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your green blocks are so pretty, Chantal! (And great descriptive vocabulary, too!) I hope you are all right at your place after that storm. It sounds terrible.

Cathy said...

I like that Blooming Star. And at my old age I learned some new vocabulary words.

Gosh, that's a lot of people affected by the storm. Hope all is well soon.

Jenny said...

Time certainly does fly , doesn't it. I hate to say it, but it's probably because we are all getting older! Nice green sewing, and such a pretty cat.

Fiona said...

that was a huge storm - affected so many. love your green blocks

Hugz

Vicki in MN said...

Your Star Bloom blocks are intriguing, and I always love a good scrap jar star block. Hope everyone gets their power back on soon. I agree May, and every month, goes by to quickly.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Tes blocs verts sont tous beaux, et il y en a beaucoup, tu as bien travaillé ! Désolée pour la tempête, elle a touché vraiment beaucoup de monde. J'espère que les aides vont pouvoir leur parvenir rapidement.
Merci pour le partage de liens ;)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Such pretty green blocks. Having no power and no food that is edible in the refrigerator is troubling indeed. I hope the situation has improved so people are no longer struggling because of the storm.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely green blocks Chantal. I am not quite ready to move to another color. I had better get my green scraps sewn. Thanks for sharing yours with Oh Scrap!

Angie in SoCal said...

I like your green blocks! You're right - the month flew by and left me behind. Alas.

Lin said...

Nice work on your greens. xx

Barb said...

pretty scrappy green blocks.
Wow - that is a huge power outage!
we've had several here and it is rough.
Beautiful green eyes!

swooze said...

Is this the “snow leopard” you showed earlier this year? I saved that pic on my phone to show people in Texas. It catches me off guard when I scroll past it. It stops me in my tracks and I go back and looook again! Lol

Sandy Panagos said...

Yes, you're right. The ends of the months ARE gettin closer to the beginnings. I know that for a fact! LOL

gayle said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone is snipping a week or two out of the middle of the months lately. I didn't get a lick of green sewing done in May, so I'll just enjoy your sewing vicariously.

swooze said...

I love your Forestastic Star Bloom blocks. Where did the pattern come from?