Sunday 11 September 2022

All Over the Place

It must be the full moon because I just can't stay put. Painting the house is coming along ... not so fine. 

The background colour is waaayy too orange even for me. It needs to calm down a notch or two. Let's revisit that colour mixer. 

My design wall is very busy with all kinds of projects.
A light blue crumb block is finished. 

Another orange one got done too. Yes, I know, orange is so last month but it was almost done and I wanted to finish it. 
Pink gave me a very light orange solid fabric and I just had to turn it into this Buckeye Beauty variant block. 

Then, there's the Hole in the Barn Door borders. I set them on the floor to take a picture. It was easier that way. 
Will the borders be on three sides only? I have no idea why I haven't started the fourth one. I guess I'm just funny that way. I will fix that today. 


A dark green placemat is also taking shape. I don't have enough light blue fabrics to fill a placemat so I decided to make the Dark Green placemat since I didn't have time to do it during Dark Green Month. Let me rephrase that. I have enough light blue fabrics but the variety is lacking. 


While searching for suitable greens for the placemat I found a dark neutral and a Framed 9-patch block was born. 


Field of Poppies has all its poppies blocks quilted. On with the next blocks in white thread. 


I'm starting to sound like an overachiever but I'm not. My sewing room looks like a mini tornado passed through it. The colours, the textures, the prints, on the wall, on the floor, on every flat and not-so-flat surface, it's overwhelming ... but fun! Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow. 

Have a wonderful week everyone. 

;^) 

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 










7 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the Hole in the Barn Door borders, they will look so good with your blocks! Field of Poppies is amazing. I have the same problem with projects everywhere in the sewing room, but it all works out eventually. Good luck!

swooze said...

I can never choose paint! Do you need to go more to a spicy brown orange?

Lin said...

Haha, the bigger your workroom the more chaos you can create! Hope you get that orange paint to your liking. xx

Sandy Panagos said...

So many fun things going on!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Belle activité ! J'aime beaucoup ton nouveau bloc bleu pâle, les petits bateaux sont trop mignons ! Les blocs oranges sont beaux aussi, et tant pis si ce n'est plus leur mois, pareil pour les verts foncé ;)
Merci pour le partage !

grammajudyb said...

House paint choosing is difficult! We had ours painted last year and just kept the same color. Boring ? Maybe!
I have several ongoing blocks also. One day I’m going to have to get on the “finish train” and get some to the end of the line!

Kristie said...

So many beautiful projects going on! Love that scrapy border! I'm going to have to remember that to use for a future scrap quilt.
Kristie