Saturday 3 September 2022

An Orange Quilt

I had fun with orange fabrics, maybe a little too much fun. 

NOT! 

There's no such thing as having too much fun! Too much orange on the other hand could become a problem.
 

Four more Jericho Wall blocks were done this week. I now have 6 orange JW blocks with the two done the week before. 
Yep! I just had to have dots! One orange needed to be pieced in order to be big enough. It happens when one plays with scraps. 


Two more blocks are cut and waiting by the sewing machine to be set up and sewn. 


 Two more could be cut from these fabrics as I thought of making rust ones too. I like the colour rust. 


If I sew all these, the total of orange-y blocks will be 10! WHAAATT??  

So I quit. 

No more orange for Jericho! After all, it's not an orange quilt but a rainbow quilt, right? 

So worked on the crumb Chaser blocks and got two done. 



I showed this little bit of crumb a few weeks ago. Can you spot it in the above picture? 



And as usual, the 9-Patch picture. I got a little bit of light blue in. 


What's with the block on the right, you ask? Well, it can't be all work and no play, right? Haha. 

Talking about playing, we got some unexpected visitors this week. (photos taken through the patio door)

Wild turkeys visited us last winter and returned this week to show us their lovely brood. 


My cat thought he could get a little one since the mothers are too big for him. He quickly learned that mothers don't let their guard down one iota of a second.

The babies are also very quick on their long legs. It was fun to watch. No birds were harmed and the cat is fine too. Well, maybe he got a little bruise on his ego. Haha. 


That's all for me. Have a great long weekend. 
;^)


Joining
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia at Oh Scrap! 




11 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

I especially love those crumb blocks! The wild turkeys are always such fun to see in the yard. We've had them in previous years but none this summer.

Fiona said...

Lots of lovely orange blocks..... I can see your little crumb block in the bigger one.... fun to have the turkeys visit...
Hugz

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

You are so right, you can never have too much fun! I love all your scrappy blocks. And wow, a whole flock of turkeys in your yard! We have wild turkeys here, but I've never seen the babies up close. Poor Raven, he'll have to settle for cat food.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's hard to stop with orange, isn't it? Your Jericho Wall blocks are great! So fun to see those turkeys, too. It's amazing how they seem to live everywhere!

Lin said...

Lots of lovely orange and you can't beat a bit of rust! Lovely pictures of the turkeys. xx

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The crumb chaser orange blocks are wonderful! My sister-in-law has wild turkeys that frequent her property too. . .sometimes, the mamas keep such a good watch on their little ones that my SIL can't go out of the door!

Nancy said...

These Jericho Wall blocks are great! I love how they create a secondary pattern when placed together. Is that how you'll place them or will your layout include sashing? And do all the color have the red corners?
How fun to have turkeys in your yard.

Kathy S. said...

Love your Jericho Wall blocks. The orange scraps are an awesome addition.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great orange blocks. Our neighborhood has a pair of turkeys that wander around. The male chases me out of my own strawberry patch. You cat was smart not to take them on. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

maggie fellow said...

I don't think there can be too much orange. nice blocks

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Tes blocs oranges sont beaux, et j'aime beaucoup l'ajout des tissus couleur rouille !
J'imagine que ça a dû être dur pour ton chat de voir tous ces oiseaux se promener sous son nez ;))
Bises