Friday 23 September 2022

Putting Little Bits to Good Use

Like a butterfly, I go from one flower (project) to the next. I know they will come to completion one day and it might all be on the same day by the way I'm sewing these up.

One light blue Scrap Jar Star was born this week. 



One more yellow Jericho Wall. 


One more dark green Jericho Wall. 


One dark green placemat. 
Oops! Wrong side. 


Thanks to the Table Scrap Challenge hosted by Joy, I now have 7 new placemats. The chicken fabric is from the kitchen curtains we had when we first moved here, 25 years ago. 
Next is a black one. Since the challenge of this month is met and I still have a week before Angela calls the next colour I might as well start on another colour.  

Four light blue Star Bloom Blocks. 
It looks so good that it might entice me to buy more light blue fabrics. 


The fourth scrappy border is growing fast. These are for the Hole in the Barn Door quilt. While looking for yellow scraps for borders, I found some crumb blocks almost big enough for Chaser blocks. So I got them finished. 

And painting the house! Phew! We rescued the orange paint by adding some of the brown paint to the orange. I like it now. I just wish it was done already, haha. 
The house before 

and after painting
The section above the garage (picture of before) is half done as I write this. It was washed, scraped the old chipped paint, repaired where needed, and primed. It's been raining since Monday. We need a minimum of two days of sunshine to be able to finish this. Please, please, just two days. 


I don't always sew 9-Patch blocks as leader-enders. When I have no fabric ready for a 9-Patch, I sew little 1.5" pieces together from the container beside the sewing machine. It was fun playing with little bits again. 

This is a future Idaho Square Dance quilt from Bonnie Hunter's "Addicted to Scrap" book. 

And that's all. Can you tell I was on vacation this week? I even cleaned the sewing room! Yay me! I need to set up a place for work. I am eligible to work from home but my workplace needs to be approved by Human Resources first. They have to make sure my work stays confidential and that it is ergonomically suited. Anywho! It was a good excuse to clean up. 


Have a great weekend everyone. 
;^) 

I am delighted today to join Sarah once again from Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a Whoop Whoop Friday. Welcome back, Sarah. 

Also joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 







19 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

You've been really busy with all the accomplishments this week. The new house color is very appealing, and perfect for autumn. So good that you will be able to work from home soon. So much easier on the budget, wear and tear on your car, commuting time for you, etc. A win-win all around!

MissPat said...

Great news about the work from home option. I hope that works out for you. You've certainly been busy. I'm hoping for a few more decent paintings days, as well. There are two 3 section windows whose trim need painting. Alas the forecast for all next week is for rain. Ugh.
Pat

Lin said...

Lots of lovlies as usual. I do like your black placemat especially that gorgeous floral fabic on the back. Glad you have resolved the paint dilemma. xx

grammajudyb said...

I think you have been pretty busy for a lady on vacation. Lots to see and admire in your post today. Good luck with getting your painting done. House projects are so involved, it seems. Or maybe I'm just getting older. I, too, am glad Sara is back. I missed her blog and wondered and worried about her. I'm going to add my post to Whoop Whoop Friday!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sneaky way to get those pumpkins in there, Chantal!! Best of luck on finishing up the exterior house painting.

scraphappy said...

What a fun vacation week! So nice to just chip away at so many projects. The house looks great! Hoping for some dry days so you can get it done.

maggie fellow said...

I like scrolling through your projects - I have some idaho square dance blocks - i have forgotten them. great job

Deb A said...

What a productive vacation week you had! So many projects in process. Love that chicken fabric - so fun to see the girls on fabric. I love those Jericho Wall blocks - they are going to look great in your quilt. Have a wonderful weekend.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

La maison est très belle, j'aime beaucoup cette couleur aussi. Beaux blocs aussi, La semaine a été productive !

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So many great scrap blocks!!! And your home looks really refreshed!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad the house painting project is close to being finished! That is such a big job. I like the idea of being a butterfly flitting from one project to another! The dark green placemat is really pretty - love the backing!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my you are making great progress on your scrappy blocks! Love the placemat idea featuring a block and some strips!

Jan said...

Its good to have lots of projects on the go at once, keeps it interesting. You have some lovely blocks here, love the tiny 1.5 ones!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Bonjour Chantal, those are great blocks and a cute placemat. Your house is going to look great in that colour.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Sounds like you have a busy and productive week. Really like your dark green placemat. Thanks for linking all your pretty blocks with Oh Scrap!

Sandy Panagos said...

That's all? LOL You always get so much done. Even the house painting is really coming along. Good for you.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

How great that you can work from home. I hope that the HR visit is great! Being mostly retired, I have to report not commuting is awesome! I love your star blocks!

swooze said...

Paint is looking good!

Angie in SoCal said...

You table mat is scrappy goodness. Lots of other goodies there!