Friday 14 October 2022

Another Week - Another Project

Back in July, my SIL asked me to paint a plaque for my MIL (her mom) to decorate her room's door at the residence. I've humbly accepted the challenge.

Since then, I've been playing with my paintbrushes. I haven't done any painting since ... well a very long time ago. So I've doodled a lot at home and at work. I've played with paint, trying to get my brain to remember how to use paintbrushes. (It's really not like colouring pencils.)


At one point, I decided to fly on my own and just go! This is my progress.










I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll keep it like this for a bit before glazing it. I might work its back a little bit more ... but the boys say it looks fine. 


Anywho! Who wants to see some fabrics? Let's go! 

Jericho Wall in green.  


My sewing machine has been at the sewing Doctor's for a week. I've missed it a lot so I did some prep and cut the fabric for these blocks. 


They went together super fast. 


These are the last blocks needed for the Jericho Wall quilt. I can start working on the layout and get the sashing cut. 


That's all! I hope you have a great weekend. 



12 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely bird you have fashioned!! Beautiful work.
and I love the GREEN blocks too--hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Your painting is beautiful! You're definitely multi-talented. Looking forward to seeing your final setting for the Jericho blocks. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lin said...

Your bird is beautiful! and I love your new header photograph. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love this little bird! Bravo, c'est magnifique.
Les blocs verts aussi sont beaux ;)

Michelle said...

Your painting is beautiful! Love the green blocks.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

The bird looks so real! You are very talented. I'm sure your friend's mother will be very pleased. Jericho Wall is coming along great, very nice green scraps.

Kathy S. said...

Your painting is GORGEOUS!!!

QuiltGranma said...

Beautiful painting, very well done. You've got talent.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh my Chantal, I'm quite taken with your painted bird. What a great job you did!! And your blocks are beautiful too. How talented and creative you are!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your green blocks and your painted bird is amazing!!!

Cathy said...

You are quite a talented artist. Between that purse and this bird, I’m so impressed!! Way to go, Chantal!

Angie in SoCal said...

Fantastic!