Saturday 8 October 2022

My Favourite Colour is October - photo heavy

September and October are my favourite months of the year. Some years, October is the best favourite. It always depends on the weather as it plays a big role up here in Canada. I hope it will be so this year as September was pretty wet and therefore disappointing.


Regardless, September will always be my SPECIAL month as we married in September, 30 years ago! We also received our firstborn in September of the following year. Lots of memories to celebrate.  

my colourful backyard

On the first day of October, I sped down to Pink's place for a day of fun and laughter. What a joy to have her in my life. (Thanks again for the wonderful day, Pink!) We did some shopping and my Brother sewing machine stayed for a Doctor's visit. It's my first go-to machine so I feel very toolless at the moment. 

Pink and I went on a shopping spree and I got this wonderful panel from Northcott. I didn't get the matching fabrics but if you know me, you know it'll end up being a scrappy one. 


How about this great polka dot fabric for a dollar a meter? I grab the rest of the bolt as I'm sure the quilts will fight to have it has their own backings, haha. 


Around Tea Time was added to the Design Wall just before I packed the sewing machine. 


I tried one block as I am displeased with the other T's outcome. Sigh! 


On the plus side, my Janome sewing machine has her walking boots on and we took very long walks together in the Field of Poppies. All the free-motion quilting is done. Yay! 





This week also saw our very first in-person meeting at the Artisanat since the start of the pandemic. What a delight to see all my peeps again. So many wonderful, beautiful, colourful, knitted, sewn, and other kinds of projects were presented. 
The presenters for the night were Lise and Carole. Lise did her own Halloween T-shirt by buying a wooden sugar skull template and a black T-shirt. She mixed bleach and water in a spray bottle. She place the template on the T-shirt and sprayed generously on and around the template. The result is this wonderful T-shirt she has on. I hope you can see it. It's funny that the T-shirt turned rusty/tan colour. Usually, black turns purple or pink. I really liked her T-shirt. She also did her jacket a few years back. 

Carole is very passionate about quilting and fabric. I had a hard time taking pictures with her as she didn't stay put for very long. Many photos were just too blurry to be posted. 

Logged Christmas Tree by Diane L.


Sorry, but I can't remember who did this beauty. 


Very small and delicate embroidery by Rita 

A pumpkin shawl crocheted by Sylvie. So cute! 



I'm not the only one who does rainbow quilts. Francine does too.

(Sorry for the blurry picture but she kept moving.) Snow Globe by Carole. It was so cute! 

Renée did this wonderful steampunk photo album from scratch.


Now Lise and Carole are sisters-in-law. They do a lot of sewing together and, of course, challenge each other. This is their last endeavor. 


I don't remember who did which colour but they are both spectacular quilts! Bravo, girls! 



That's it for me. Hope you have a great weekend. In Canada, it is our Thanksgiving Weekend. I have Monday off with no sewing machine. :^( 
Time to get my brushes out and start to paint my mother-in-law's plaque. See you soon! 

;^)

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap on Sunday
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict




8 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wonderful meeting!
Les quilts exposés sont magnifiques, les deux belles-soeurs sont douées ! Merci pour le partage ;)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love September and October, too! Looks like some fun fabric shopping and some great quilty inspiration as well. Do you want to make one of each that you saw?

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Happy Thanksgiving! So sorry your machine is in the shop. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful needlework from your meeting. And wow, that gorgeous polka dot fabric was only $1 per meter? Great score!

Lin said...

What a lovely diverse show and tell - I love the steampunk album! Great polka dot fabric. I love autumn colours too - they are starting to turn here but we will not get such a spectacular display as you I am sure. Have fun with the paints. xx

Helenchaffin said...

I luv a good quilt show,I have always luved polka dotted fabrics,hopefully your machine will be outta the shop soon,meanwhile perhaps you could get projects ready for sewing for when you bring it home

Bonnie said...

what a lot of great eye candy. It's amazing. It's fun to be back seeing friends.

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy some hand stitching time :)

Barb said...

Yay for October! I agree :)
looks like a very busy and fun meeting! thanks for sharing photos.