Wednesday 12 October 2022

Whatever Wednesday - Purse Rescued

A few years back now, I bought this beautiful purse via Wish. I am in love with this one.



What a great disappointment it was when I turned the purse around and saw this.

The die from the handle transferred to the purse as there was no sheet of paper between the two as there was on the front. 


Needless to say, I turned to the Internet to find a solution, a way to remove the stain but to no avail. The company reimbursed the full amount as it was their issue. I was still left with no purse. Sigh! 



Forward a few years when I dusted the purse and start thinking about this over again.  

I still love it. This picture shows the true colours; black and ivory. It is so well made. I love that golden medallion with the heart and the black flower...  It's so pretty! ... 

But I wouldn't walk out of the house with that "face" on it. I feel like it's laughing at me. :^p   ...  


... black flower ... ... hearts ... ... 


What do I have to lose? 



It couldn't be worst, right? 


...

It's not like I'm gonna use it looking like that! 


...







So I got a permanent black marker and went to work. 




30 minutes later, 






I got this. 


Oh yes! I can walk down the street with this. No shame now! 

You can still see the mark if you look closely and know what to look for. 

I got myself a one-of-a-kind purse for the winter. Whoop Whoop! 

The best part is that it's free. Lol. 

Have a great day! 
;^)

Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 

12 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Ingenious! Good for you!

cityquilter grace said...

necessity is the mother of invention...lol

MissPat said...

Nice save and pretty flowers.
Pat

Lin said...

Great creative thinking and I bet you wish you hadnt left it in the cupboard for so long! xx

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a great solution! Totally perfect to turn it into art...kinda like a tattoo to camouflage a person's scar!!

Maggie said...

Great creative ways one can solve a problem. Enjoy your new designer bag!

Kathy S. said...

Wow! You are an amazing artist!!! You definitely made that beautiful bag your own. Great problem solving.

I have deleted the Wish app from my phone. About fifty percent of the things I have bought on Wish have been duds. The final straws were the ice cube tray that didn't work and the silicone microwave popcorn container that spewed popcorn all over the microwave because the lid didn't work. Seriously... How can they mess up an ice cube tray?

Anyways. Glad you have a nice bag for this season. I bet it goes with everything!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Aren't you clever! That is a fun save, and now a very pretty purse!

Jenny said...

Such a clever solution.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, non seulement c'est une solution astucieuse, mais en plus elle est magnifique ! Quel talent, bravo !

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How nice that you can draw and save that purse. I can't even draw stick figures very well (the reason I can't free motion quilt, either, since you need to draw on the fabric). Nice save of the purse.

Sandy Panagos said...

OMg, that looks amazing! You are so clever. It's actually cooler than the original.