Saturday 31 December 2022

Pondering and Planning

It is time to think about the new year. Looking at my projects, I realized that many will cross over to the new year as only one got finished. Sigh! What was done and was is left? Let's see.


I tried to push a few quilts forward this year and will continue my focus next year. A few quilts saw progress but nothing major, well, except for Field of Poppies. 

Framed 9-Patch got assembled but then I decided to add a border made of light-coloured Framed 9-Patch blocks, so it is still a WIP (Work In Progress). 

This variant of Buckeye Beauty isn't assembled. Does it need more blocks? I hope the answer comes to me next year.  

Scrap Jar Star definitely needs more blocks and I have a plan for this one. I'm looking forward to it as I love making this block. 

The Crumb block quilt "Chaser" needs a few more blocks too. I have enough of the grey border fabric to do the missing blocks and only those. It will finish on the small size but that's okay. Look at all the little bits of fabric that didn't end up in the trash. Yay! 

Jericho Wall is being assembled this month. Will it be a top before the end of the year? 

Star Bloom will continue next year as it doesn't have enough blocks to be a quilt. I'm still debating if I should make the block with one colour or have a mix of colours in each block. What would you do? 

Since Field of Poppies (aka Good Fortune) is finished, I pinned another one to quilt on my DSM. This is Jacob's Summer (aka Jacob's Ladder). 
Unfortunately, I ran out of pins. Where are all my pins? Someone needs to go shopping, or else, clean up the sewing room. Talking about that ... 

The reorganization of the sewing room is also important. With all the scrap bags I receive from friends, I need to stay on top of the game, or drown! 
Remember this "contribution" to my stash? 

I'm still amazed by it and I also remember this mess. Sigh! 



The group Artisanat de Ste-Félicité did a sewing bee. We made 84 adult bibs for our local residences. What a great day that was. Thank you girls for welcoming me into your group. You are wonderful!💓



One friend got me a Go cutter and another friend gave me some dies. I'm blessed. What more can I say? 
I'm slowly learning curve sewing. Perfection is still far away, lol, but I'm willing to try again. 


The year 2022 saw me playing with my paintbrush again. This little bird was made for my MIL who is living in a residence. I wish you good health and lots of laughter in the new year, sweet MIL. 


Raven got a rough year. He had to visit the vet a few times before he got better. Now that he's neutered, he doesn't fight other cats anymore and he's so much better for it. He put on quite a bit of weight too. Those eyes! His gaze is always so intense! 





If you made it this far, I'm grateful for that. I wish you all good health and peace in the New Year. May you be safe and happy always. I appreciate each and every one of you. 💟 and quilt on! 
;^)

P.S. I'll talk about my projects for 2023 in the next post. 

Spending time with 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 





22 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

many wonderful quilts you are working on they all look great - happy new year

MissPat said...

Happy New Year, Chantal.
I like the Star Bloom blocks in one color, not mixed. You have a lot of great projects to work on in 2023.
Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have a beautiful rainbow of fun projects there, Chantal! I really love Star Bloom - perfect name for it. Looking forward to see your next steps for those beautiful quilts in 2023!

Quilting Babcia said...

It looks like you will have quite a few finishes in 2023, so many of your projects look very close to being a good size for a finished top. You are amazingly organized to keep all these 'plates' spinning at the same time. And there's more for 2023? Can't wait to see what's next! Blessings to you and your family in the new year.

Nann said...

Bonne annee! Love the rainbow array of your 2022 projects. Have fun with the Go cutter!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I am a sucker for secondary designs created using traditional blocks with judicial color placement. You do it so well. Buckeye Beauty is absolutely gorgeous.

scraphappy said...

Sew many beautiful block collections! Even though only one quilt made it fully to the finish line, lots more saw progress and that is the key.

PaintedThread said...

I like all your beautiful blocks. Your curves are looking better! That little chickadee is so cute. Happy New Year.

Astrid said...

It looks like you won't get bored in 2023! :) Many beautiful projects to work on.

Lin said...

A busy year Chantal. Happy 2023 and I look forward to seeing what you get up to. xx

Deb A said...

So many great projects. I like the Star Bloom in one color - it brings out the star pattern well. That Chickadee is amazing! You are quite talented. Love your drunkard path blocks. I think I am adding those to my 2023 RSC as well.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Such beautiful scrap quilt projects! You are sure to have lots of sewing fun in the new year. I'm so glad Handsome Raven is doing better. Bonne annee!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Such a great selection of projects! I notice you seem to use mainly solids, which gives the traditional blocks a fresh look I think!

Fiona said...

All the best for 2023 - may your projects all progress satisfactorily. I love what you do with scraps and look forward to watching these and some new ones grow...
Hugz

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy New Year, Chantal . You have so many beautiful WIPS that you have been working on. I adore your framed nine patch. I wish you a very productive new year. So glad that Raven is doing well. He is a beauty.

Barb said...

Happy New Year!
Wow that was a lot of scraps.
Have fun with your Go, looking forward to seeing how you use it.
So many fun scrappy projects to start a new year.
Your little Chickadee is absolutely stunning!~ You're an talented painter!

maggie fellow said...

you have so many wonderful projects - I am so impressed. How do you keep on top of your scraps? I'd love to hear.

Susie H said...

I love all your projects. As for Star Bloom, I like it with all the blocks of the same color sewn together but it's your quilt. Do what makes YOU happy. Your little birdie painting is BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I had that talent and it will surely brighten up your dear MIL's place. Raven is such a handsome fellow. I'm glad he's settling down after all the dr appts. Happy 2023!

Sandy Panagos said...

What fun projects! I think I would do one color for the Star Bloom blocks, myself. Glad Raven is feeling better!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many fabulous projects to carry over into 2023, Chantal!! I'm looking forward to our Scrap Jar Star-along. I'm guessing that I only have one-third of the blocks needed for the quilt I want to make. Wishing you a Quilty New Year, friend!

QuiltGranma said...

When I'm not sure whether I have enough blocks for a quilt then I remember what my pottery teacher would say about our vessels. "Form follows function." Then I consider HOW I want to use the quilt. A table topper? A wall quilt? A baby, or lap, what size am I aiming for? Do I want sashing to get it to that size? Usually, since I don't like seams butting heads about how they play together or not. Borders? The choice is yours, but remember the words of my teacher.

Sandy Panagos said...

You have a lot of great projects going! Looking forward to ALL your finishes this year!