Saturday 6 August 2022

Orange You Glad it's Orange Month?



I am! :^D
  
I love orange... but you already know that. Little bits of it showed up on my design wall.

The first at the finish line was Scrap Jar Star.
  


Slowly, very slowly, I am quilting the Field of Poppies top. 

I was able to sew outside last weekend, in the shades of the late afternoon. 
It was so nice. 


My first attempt at quilting the poppies was a disaster in my eyes. There were a lot of sharp angles in the curves. Not pretty. The lines are much better this time around. 


That's all I have for this week. At work, they fired a girl during work hours. It was not a pleasant thing to watch. Even though all the discussions were in private, seeing her pack up and leave was awkward, to say the least. I completely understand why they did it. She was forever criticizing the management even though she was still a trainee; she was negative and harsh. Let's just say I needed a glass of wine that evening, lol, and no sewing occurred. Anywho! On to better things. The atmosphere at work is much better now... but the workload is heavier. Oh well. Hard work hasn't killed me yet and we can hear laughter in the office again making the workload lighter so, life is good! 😁

Hope to get lots of sewing done this weekend but I am doubtful. Lots of laundry and cleaning to do. I might even make a little trip down south. We'll see. 

Happy sewing everyone. 

;^)


Tagging along with 
Angela at So Scrappy
FrĂ©dĂ©rick at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 






13 comments:

Julierose said...

I have become a big orange fan--ever since I made my eldest grandson's going away to college spider web quilt--he requested orange...I came to know so many lovely shades..my present hand project is full of oranges...
That quilt is so pretty--love how the orange pops...
that must have been a really tough day at work!! [a little glass of wine, never hurts, does it? ;)))]
hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

How wonderful to be able to quilt outside!
I love your Good Fortune quilt... it makes me want to finish mine... it's still in pieces :(

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Tes blocs oranges sont vifs et joyeux, j'aime beaucoup !
Mince alors pour le licenciement ce n'est jamais drĂŽle d'en ĂȘtre tĂ©moin. Tant mieux quand mĂȘme si l'ambiance depuis est plus lĂ©gĂšre.
Bises !

Fiona said...

Orange is a happy colour - yes it is hard having to watch a workcolleague be asked to leave... but overall better for the group....
Hugz

Ivani said...

Orange is a happy color and I love your star block. Your quilting are looking great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yes, I am glad it's orange month! Looks like you have lots of pretty scraps to play with, too. Great Scrap Jar Star!

Lin said...

Isn't it sad the way one person can bring down the whole mood of a team. Nice work so far with orange. xx

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very pretty orange fabrics!!! Great start on that pretty pile of orange fabrics! Yes, I love orange, too!!! (Tough about your co-worker/the trainee. Maybe for the best.)

MissPat said...

It's amazing how one toxic person can alter the workplace environment. Here's hoping she is replaced quickly, so the extra workload can be reduced. You're off to a good start with orange.
Pat

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Orange is such a happy color and goodness. . .you needed a dose of it after your work week! Seriously, I'd rather work in a happy environment than a toxic one even when it means I have to do a bit more for a time. Don't you imagine that her position will be replaced? The next person has to be better!

Rebecca in AK said...

Your Field of Poppies quilt is so pretty! It is amazing how one person can effect the whole atmosphere.

gayle said...

Yay for orange!!
Hoping that position gets filled soon, and hopefully with someone pleasant this time! Good luck!

Barb said...

I think Orange is under-rated.
Love that star block.