Saturday 18 March 2023

Did You Do

an Irish Chain On Irish Day?


I did. 


Also finished the Scrap Jar Star in green with a multi-coloured centre. You might see another one on the Joyful Quilter's blog. 


Not much done with my leader-enders because ... 


I found a little baggie of green triangles that I just couldn't resist. Aren't they cute? There are still more in the bag so they will be my leader-ender for a while. 


The cheddar background is a yardage I splurged on. I had no idea I needed this fabric, but I'm happy I bought it. I'm sure I will find a project for it to play in. 

Until next time. 

;^) 

Joining these sewing ladies:
 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 





























15 comments:

Helenchaffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helenchaffin said...

it's fun to see what we can create out of our scraps,luv the combination of the blocks & star blocks

Fiona said...

I love your happy scrappy stars .... great cheddar fabric too....
Hugz

Linda In UK said...

Lots of lovely green stars shining amongst the scrap squares and the Scrap Jar stars are great too. Can you guess that I love stars of any kind?

Quilting Babcia said...

Sorry, no Irish chain or green yesterday, been working with lavender and white this week. Your scrappy stars look great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Irish Chain and star blocks are a pretty combination! I think you had a great green week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun HST find, Chantal!! I didn't Irish Chain, but I did sew some GREEN fabric scraps for the RSC. :o))

Jenny said...

I love stars, your greens are so pretty.

Astrid said...

Pretty scrappy star blocks! Recently I discovered the cheddar color too, it's a beautiful color.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I sewed with green on Friday, but not an Irish Chain. I did make a pie for Pi day though. Gorgeous green blocks, and nice work using up those cute triangles. That cheddar print is absolutely delicious. Sometimes we choose the fabric, sometimes the fabric chooses us.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Quelle bonne idée de combiner les 2 blocs ! Ils vont très bien ensemble. La Scrap Jar Star verte vient joliment compléter ta collection, et ces triangles verts... oh, trop mignons !!

Nann said...

I like the chain and star combination. Great array of greens.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great way to honor St. Patrick's Day! Love the green HSTs and the cheddar fabric!

maggie fellow said...

perfect chain on st pats day - yep

Canuck Quilter said...

So many cute scrappy things in progress! It looks like you're having fun.