Friday 3 March 2023

I'm Home

WhooHoo! That was a fun retreat. 


The ladies were really nice, all 9 of them and we had a great time. Lots of fabrics, food, ideas, and laughter. We are hoping to do it again in the Fall. Fingers crossed that the cottage is available. 🤞 

Trying to organize our next retreat together. 

I couldn't have dreamed it better ... well, actually, yes, there is one thing, only ONE thing I would have changed; the weather. It snowed and snowed and snowed. But who cares? We had fun!! 

The sewing room: the right side, 


and the left side. Look at all those windows! The view was fabulous! 




I've worked on many projects (of course, me! What else is new?) but I did work with Pink too. 

Two more pink stars are cut but not the white part. Oops! I'll finish that this weekend. 


Scrap Jar Star in Pink-N-Multi. I managed to find enough different pink fabrics for the star's points so there is no repeat from the first star. Yay! 

and as always, some 9-Patch in whatever colour. 


Okay, that's not a lot but wait until I show you the other projects I worked on ... in another post. 

Enjoy! 

;^)

Joining my sewing sisters
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 



18 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you had a great time and the windows! so pretty

PaintedThread said...

All those windows! I'd be watching out the windows more than sewing! ;-)

gayle said...

Congrats on a happy retreat! But BRRR!!! All that snow!

Fiona said...

How wonderful... looks like a great venue and if you are going to be snowbound that is the way to do it.... love your pink blocks...
Hugz

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad to hear that you enjoyed the retreat, Chantal!! Looking forward to seeing what all you worked on.

Helenchaffin said...

What a fun trip,snow passes by us lol It'd be hard to get any sewing done with that gorgeous view ,luv your blocks

grammajudyb said...

Love that Scrap Jar Star. That block calls to me every time I see it! One of these years, I’ll make some!

Deb A said...

What a great room to quilt in! It looks like you had a great time at your retreat.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a great retreat! I like the snowy vistas and all that light for stitching must have been wonderful. Also love your pink included blocks. Pretty stitching, Chantal!

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like a fun, fun retreat! I could’ve been stitching virtually with you with all that snow. xo

Jenny said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a view! Snow outside, quilting with friend inside. . .what a fantastic combination. I hope the snow was corralled enough so getting home was not hazardous! Great work with pink!

Barb said...

what a great place for a retreat! Incredible views and the snow looks so pretty.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Sounds like a fun time. I love to see it snow as long as I don't have to go out in it. Looks like you were able to stay snuggly inside. Thanks for sharing your pretty blocks with Oh Scrap!

Sandy Panagos said...

What a great place for a retreat. Beautiful views and lots of sunlight. All that snow just means more reason to do nothing but sew!

Susie H said...

Retreats are the BEST!!! Where did you manage to run away to? Obviously you made it home safe & sound. Pretty pink blocks!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, quel bel endroit, vous avez dû bien vous amuser ! Welcome home, maintenant ;))

Dasha said...

Loved this too 😄😄💖💖