Saturday 6 May 2023

Did You Say Orange?

I got some of that!😊

I jumped into the orange basket and came out with this!


Scrap Jar Star multicoloured centre...

... and a 25-Patch block. 

That's all I had time to sew because my sewing place looks like this: 


You see, we had our Artisanat reunion on Tuesday, and a few bags followed me home so I spent a lot of time sorting and cutting, and I'm running out of space. 

Three gifted bags, full of fabrics. The white kitchen bags had a lot of flannel mixed in.  Now I have an itch to sew some flannel blankets. First, I have to finish all this cutting and sorting. Sigh! It's a good problem to have, they say, and I am grateful for it. Thank you, my generous friends.

More next week... hopefully! 

Enjoy! 
;^)


Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 


10 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely orange blocks and great to have some extra supplies for your gorgeous quilts...
Hugz

Jenny said...

Lucky you, flannel is nice to work with and makes wonderful toddlers quilts.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Joli bloc orange, et il y a encore une bande de cette couleur sous ta machine ;) Super pour les sacs donnés, de nouveaux quilts en perspective !

Deb said...

We just love bags of fabric! I have bins and I am getting thru some. I do love the sort. I like the star block too, and I try to make up a 25 patch for each color, it really uses up the little bits.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Pretty orange blocks and I hear you about the sorting and cutting of the scraps! It is fun to uncover each fabric as you sort. . .it feels like a treasure hunt!

Susan said...

Donations are such a blessing! The scrap jar looks fabulous, and you'll be making a lot more blocks from the donations ... that block or others. Best of luck with the flannel blankets, too!

Lin said...

Three bags of scraps AND and orange month! Happy you. xx

Sara said...

Love the scrappy star block! What fun to have those bags to sort through. I came home from guild on Saturday with yardage donated for our Quilts of Valor - and it was fun to sort through it all.

Nann said...

Your Scrap Jar star looks great -- thanks for the reminder about that block.
Free fabric is always a treat. Have fun sorting it all.

Angie in SoCal said...

My goodness! What an abundance. Lots of goodies there. Your blocks are fun, too. Thanks for stopping by at my blog for my finish. Blessings,