Saturday 29 April 2023

RSC2024

I found this block on Patty's blog back when she was blogging at A Stitch in Time. It was part of the Vote for Women sew-along hosted by Barbara Brackman in 2014. Almost TEN years ago. It is called the Ladies Wreath. 



I loved it at first site. Since the inspirational block was done in aqua I followed suit. Oops! minor adjustments need to be made. 

Voilà. It will be my RSC for 2024. (yes, I know. It's a little early and I'm a little crazy.) The grey fabric will be the constant one. I think ... maybe!?  A little 3.5" 9-patch was my leader-ender for this block. Then, I found a little bag of Christmas-y fabric and I had a little bit of fun. 




Last year, the Artisanat did some adult bibs for the people in residences in our region. The leaders of the bee gave me all the leftover fabrics. Since February, I've been cutting those scraps into usable sizes. There were so, so many fabrics! but I am almost done. That's all I did this week. 

Have a lovely weekend. 

;^)

P.S. It's still too cold up here to be sewing outside. Sigh! 

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 




8 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Il est très beau ce bloc, et déjà prêt pour l'année prochaine ;)) C'est fou comme ces petits 9-patch se multiplient !
Merci pour le partage, bises !

Fiona said...

I love the way you go off down a rabbit hole when that bag of scraps comes out!
Hugz

Susan said...

What a generous donation, and using it is even better. I like that block, and remember Barbara's QAL. I follow all of hers, and even make some of them. =)

Lin said...

Nice to be prepared! xx

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Pretty block! And aqua and gray go so well together. Nice nine patches, and great job processing the scraps you were given. It's very satisfying to do, but it can take so much time! Have a good week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty block, Chantal! I bet it will make some neat secondary designs when you have multiple blocks together. Looking forward to seeing more!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What an interesting block! I like your thoughts about the constant and I too wondered what secondary designs will be created. Good for you to get the useable bits out of the bib leftovers. Cutting is not much fun; but seeing all the different fabrics has to help the drudgery part of the process!

grammajudyb said...

I agree! That is a very pretty block! I’m anxious to see more too! The gray should be a good constant to tie all the rainbow colors together.