Sunday 4 June 2023

Stuck in Orange (or Hunting Pink Fabric)

I've done absolutely no sewing this week. So Saturday morning I tried to catch up but my efforts were futile since it was my son's birthday. Hence, no post yesterday. 

This morning, (Sunday) I had better luck and got something done. I had to check on Star Bloom to finish the RSC orange and make whatever was missing. Nothing was missing. There's actually one too many. How can I incorporate that orange/pink one? 


The pink also has four blocks done so Salmon has no room there either. 


The Hot Pink one is really HOT. What if I switch it with the Salmon one? 

Not in love with this picture! Sooooo .... what if? 


I make more orange blocks and ... 

... it's not great but it's a mismatch of something decent, I think. What do you think?  
Pink is missing a light block now that I removed the Hot Pink.  I'll be hunting a light pink down in my stash this afternoon. Fingers crossed. 

Before I found out the colour for June, I had bought these little dragonfly zipper fobs. 

The orange one says "Smile" and the blue one says "Inspire" on the charm. 

They are my favourite colours but they aren't for me. I bought them as gifts for the last Artisanat reunion next Tuesday as we take a break during the summer months. I've also bought lip balm and hand cream to round up the gifts. If I had more time I would have made a little zipper pouch to put the gift in but too bad. A regular paper gift bag will have to do. 

The weather is just lovely lately and I was able to start the quilting on Jacob's Summer. 

I wait until the deck has shades otherwise it is too hot. Raven magically knows where the best place to take a nap is. 

These past two weeks I was in the jailhouse. Seriously! I had to work on archives stored there. I had to screen the files and see which one can be destroyed. I'll show some pictures in an upcoming post. Stay tuned. 

Hope you are all doing well. Take care. 
;^) 


Joining my sewing friends a little later this weekend. 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 


10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So sorry you had to go to jail, and didn't get to sew, lol! But it's great to get going on some quilting and to be able to do it outside, too. Of course, Raven would need to get the most comfy spot there!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

jail time - oh no - interesting job? Lol
cats just seem to know where the quilts are from the photos I see on various blogs.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Jacob's Summer is gorgeous, Chantal!! Happy hunting for the pink fabric that you need for your blocks.

Lin said...

I like your mis match block. Nice to be sitting outside with your quilting. Have a nice week - not back in jail I hope! xx

Astrid said...

Jacob's Summer is so pretty, love the colors. Cats always find the best place! Why not mis match blocks? I like them. Hope you won't go to jail again! lol

Angie in SoCal said...

I think the 3rd rendition is not too bad. Go with it. Your Jacob's is a nice summer time project especially if your outside. Blessings,

Susan said...

I like the mix-up colors, as they seem complimentary to one another. That's a great block, too.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your last version is the best, though they're all nice.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Elle me plaît beaucoup cette dernière version, le bloc est tonique ! Moi non plus, pas de couture cette semaine... quand il y a de la famille à la maison c'est difficile de coudre !
Ta terrasse a l'air bien agréable pour quilter dehors!
Merci pour le partage ;)

Fiona said...

You certainly work in interesting places! Great blocks to get done.... the colours in oranges/pinks can be a challenge....
Hugz