Saturday 24 June 2023

Trying So Hard

Well, maybe not that hard, lol.

Sew a little bit of green ... 

and some alternative blocks in blue ... 
Oops! And a Christmas-y one! (In my defence, it is green.) These blocks are Friends' Favourites. I need to cut more neutral strips. I love to have things all prepped by the sewing machine as I have very little time to sew. 


Of course, a few 9-Patch blocks were made too. Am I done with the Christmas fabric? I keep finding some bits everywhere. And then, Halloween showed up. Oh! Bother! 

I'm trying to finish the quilting on Jacob's Summer. Since I'm quilting it diagonally, I have to deal with the bulk of the quilt constantly as it is a long quilt. Needless to say, I have to pause often to save my neck and shoulders. 



After a long break, I returned to my work and came face to face with an opportunist looking for a place to nap. Since the quilt wasn't all the way to the floor, he had jumped onto the table. 


But how can I get angry at this peaceful black ball of fur? 
Jacob will have to wait a little longer. 


Hope all is well at your place. Enjoy! 

;^)


Visiting these lovely ladies this weekend.

13 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Isn't that always the way, you go to sit down to quilt and there's a cat napping right in the middle of things! I like your first set of blocks, a great scrappy design. Christmas fabrics never go away!

Jeanette said...

Love your Jacobs Ladder. I have Christmas fabric scraps in quite a few things. Cute kitty.

Jenny said...

So true, we cant disturb the cat, can we, when it is looking so peaceful! I'm guilty of that as well.

Fiona said...

haha.. cats have a way of finding places to sleep that disturb our plans! I also like to have bits cut and ready so when I do get to the machine I can just sit and sew....
Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like those top scrappy blocks you're making! Do they have a name?

Lin said...

Oh so cute! Yes I can imagine quilting that monster on the diagonal is hard work - good luck! xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

A little bit of BLUE, a little bit of GREEN, and a whole lot of quilting on Jacob's Summer in the great outdoors...in between breaks for cat naps, of course. Keep plugging away at it, Chantal!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Jolis blocs, les petits bleus sont superbes. Dommage pour le quilting, il faudra attendre la fin de la sieste ;))
Merci pour le partage !

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love what you do with scraps! I hope you don't mind if I shamelessly copy? Of course you can't disturb gorgeous Raven. Cats always appreciate quilts, finished or not. Your Jacob's Ladder is lovely.

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck with the hand quilting.......

SueR said...

You certainly do a fine job of putting all your scraps to good use. I looked at your post from Dec 31, 2022 to see a better photo of the Jacob's ladder, which looks fabulous, and found pictures of scrap bags. Haha, you're in the same boat as me. Maybe worse! But don't you love it?

Gwyned Trefethen said...

It is always helpful to have something prepped for the next sewing session. That way there is no dithering around when you have time. Cats do have an uncanny way of discovering the current WIP and test driving it for warmth and comfort.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I might think that the real problem with quilting your Jacobs ladder is that cute cat haha!!!
Love your scrappy blocks!!!