Saturday 1 July 2023

Red July - Happy Canada Day

Oh! Finally, the long weekend is here. Can I get three days of sewing? I doubt it but I'm not greedy, I would settle for two days, hahaha. 

Let's see what happened in my sewing room this week.

I did a few more Paper Chain blocks for a donation quilt. These blocks finish the third quadrant. 


There are 8 blocks in each quadrant. (Quadrant is used loosely here.) I have to stop using purple as the corner block. It's becoming a problem. 

I also worked on the Irish Star quilt. Look at this gorgeous red-wine-coloured fabric my friend shared with me. 

It is so rich it is almost Royal! Just a wee bit left and I will carefully use it in another quilt I want to keep for myself. Yes, the Friends' Favourite quilt! 

Two more stars were done; only 4 more to go. I want some vibrant reds, a purple-red, and an orange-red for those. So the hunt is on. 


Today, I am auditioning some scraps for the Scrap Jar Star block. I found these scraps this morning. Let the fun begin! 



Have a lovely red weekend everyone and a Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians. A Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans on the 4th. 


Enjoy it but stay safe. 
;^)


Visiting these lovely ladies this weekend.











16 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Joyeuses fêtes ! Magnifique étoile rouge, c'est vrai que ce tissu est très beau. J'aime bien la sélection d'oranges, ça va être un joli bloc !
Merci pour le partage ;)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Have fun in your sewing room this long weekend! Your blocks are looking great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You got a really good start on RED month for the RSC, Chantal!! Hoping you have a wonderful weekend.

Quilting Babcia said...

Great start on a long weekend of quilting and celebrating, hope you have some good summer weather and no smoke.

Cathy said...

I love your blocks! You always have such fun things going. Have a fun long sewing weekend!

Fiona said...

Lovely start to the reds.... I do like your quadrant blocks.... that will be so effective...

Hugz

Lin said...

Yes! That red wine fabric is gorgeous! Your stars are looking lovely and I do like the paper chain design. xx

maggie fellow said...

delicious use of scraps - sew fun

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Canada Day weekend! I love those Paper Chain blocks and the design they make. I made a few of those earlier this year - need to get them out again! Happy sewing, Chantal!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the blocks are all looking good!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like your plans for how to spend the long weekend!! I love that rich red fabric that your friend shared with you. What a kind an generous friend! I look forward to seeing all that you accomplish!

Susie H said...

You have a great collection of scraps for your Paper Chain blocks. They look great!

Angie in SoCal said...

A great way to celebrate. Love yourblocks.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The paper chain quilt is coming along nicely. It's charming.

Susan said...

Wonderful blocks, and red is a great color. I have lots of red scraps, so I'm having fun, And making more scraps! Irish Stars is a favorite of mine, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Both of those blocks are really cool!!! Hope you got some great time in!