Saturday 15 July 2023

What Can I Say?

First, I want to thank everyone who left a message on my last post. I appreciate your help, suggestions, and recommendations. They have boosted my confidence to tackle this job. Thank you. 💓

At work, a supervisor said something to a new employee on probation, that sounded like a threat. This new employee is too kind or too shy to defend herself so I did for her. I did such a good job that the supervisor took my comments as a threat. Guess who lost her job? Yes, yours truly. What can I say? I can't stand injustice and the abuse of authority. I have a very big mouth, big enough to get my foot in it, and I know it, I've done it before but I can't help myself. I can NOT be the kind of person with her mobile phone, just standing there, recording the event and not getting involved. I'm still very upset about the whole situation. Yesterday, I found out that others have gotten involved in the incident after I was sacked. I was so happy to hear that. That supervisor will learn not to mess with social workers!

Besides running in circles in my head, I did a little bit of sewing. Nothing much as my brain is still reviewing the conversations, over and over and over and over ... 

Some of this got done  ... 



... a little bit of that ... 



... but mostly, I'm working on this one. 



Don't feel bad for me. I'll get back on my feet again. In French, I say: "Mon nom est Joe Meilleur, si ça ne fait pas ici, ça va faire ailleur." I don't know if you have that saying in English, but it would go something like this: My name is Joe Best, if not here, it'll do somewhere else. I believe things happen for a reason. Something better awaits. 
Meanwhile, my sewing machine is waiting ... 


Let's enjoy it! 
;^) 

Visiting these lovely ladies' blogs. 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 








14 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Well, that made for an eventful week! I agree, though, things happen for a reason, and you stood up for what you thought was right. Wishing you lots of sewing therapy!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Congratulations for standing up on behalf of your co-worker. Very brave of you. Isn't nice to have quilting for therapy?

MissPat said...

Oh, Chantal, how awful. You seem to have the right attitude, though, moving forward and being positive (well, except for the endless replay of the experience, but that, too, will fade). Keep the faith, better days are ahead and, for now, you've got more time to sew.
Pat

PaintedThread said...

Wow, that's crummy for you. But I am so impressed that you stood up like that. I hope I'd be like that. Glad to hear your coworkers rallied. Good luck with whatever comes next!

Susan said...

Your attitude is right. We cannot stand back from injustice, and if there's a price, there's also a reward. Others followed your lead, and it will work out for you, as doing what's right does give us real self-esteem and confidence. Something better WILL come along, and you will have sewing in the meantime. The blocks are looking great!

Fiona said...

Good for you.... I'm sorry to hear you lost your job for doing the right thing... their loss!! I'm sure there will be something better around the corner... meanwhile I know you will use the time well sewing....
Big Hugz - very courageous...x

Hugz

Lin said...

So sorry to read this Chantal but glad you stood up for injustice. There will be something better around the corner. Keep that machine whirring and soon the memories will fade. xx

Sara said...

So sorry you lost your job, but you did the right thing. No one should have to deal with toxic people like that supervisor. Hope the sewing will bring you some peace - it usually does for me.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a week!!!! I'm happy you are out of a toxic environment. A better environment and a position better suited to you is around the corner. Now you can spend some time in your happy place creating! Sending you a hug! I hope you have enough of a cushion that you can take your time to locate that workplace. I'm sure your other co-workers miss you!

Rosec said...

Am so sorry to hear about your job loss for doing the right thing. Better opportunities are sure to come your way. Even though it's difficult to silence the voices in your head, crafting can really help. Every time you replay a negative conversation, try to replace it with a pep talk to yourself. Hope you can deal with it in a timely manner.

Deb A said...

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your job for sticking up for a co-worker. It sounds like you were in the right and hopefully once things settle down the original person doing the threatening will be replaced. Big hugs to you but thank you for making a difference.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Il était temps de partir alors, les chefs qui abusent de leur pouvoir ne méritent pas qu'on travaille pour eux. Bravo pour la défense de ton collègue, et ne te remet pas en question, laisse les dialogues passés derrière toi.
Tes blocs sont frais et joyeux, c'est tout ce qui compte !
Bisous

Jenny said...

So upsetting to read that you have lost your job, helping a fellow worker. But that supervisor surely has a boss too, surely this business wont end here?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my - good on you for standing up - so sorry to hear the outcome tho!
your quilt blocks are beautiful!!! Hopefully that helped relieve some of the stress....