Saturday 12 August 2023

Thank Goodness for Sunny Yellow

We had a rainy week. It rained almost every day; if not during the day, it would at night. I appreciate the bright yellow in my sewing room. So good for the soul. 

I finished the 3 yellow Irish Stars from the last week. 

Then, I assessed what was missing for this quilt to be completed as all the colours it needs have been called by Angela already. 

Some purple stars were added... 


... as were two pink stars. One more star is waiting for its background fabric to be cut. 

The total is 46 stars done; 8 are missing. I was to do 7 stars of the 7 colours but some colours have only 6 stars done, namely orange, green, and pink. Then I will put the blocks on the design floor and see which colour needs one more star. I'm thinking bright yellow as two of its stars are gold and kind of dark. Also missing are 29 alternate blocks. Two were constructed this week bringing my total to 25 blocks.

I finished 10 blocks for the Friends' Favourite quilt. 

These are so much fun to do as anything goes.

Six blocks and four alternate blocks.

I quilted Jacob's Summer this week as the weather permitted me to do so outside a few times. 

That's all I have, my friends. 
Have a lovely week. 

15 comments:

Cathy said...

Your blocks are all so cheerful! I love them all and can’t wait to see them arranged in their scrap happy “forever home” quilts, LOL. Are you planning to do any aqua blocks (which I think is our only remaining RSC color)?

Quilting Babcia said...

All your sunny yellow and gold fabrics brought to mind the words from an old hymn "Awake my soul and sing!"

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such pretty stars! What a great quilt they're going to make! The other blocks, too - perfect for fussy cutting a flower for the centers. Wishing you some sunnier days this week!

maggie fellow said...

your projects look really nice in yellow

Jeanette said...

Pretty stars & blocks for Friends Favourite quilt. Look forward to seeing the finished quilts.

Jenny said...

You can't go wrong with stars, one of my favourite blocks.

Cathy said...

oh, gosh, I had to go look up all of your posts on that Friends' Fav block. There might be one in my future because I love it!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

You are on a roll with your blocks and plans! Love the gold of your yellow stars. Stars are a favorite block of mine. I'm digging that Friends' Fav block. . .I'm going to be like Cathy and look up your past posts.

Fiona said...

Your blocks are all great..... always such neat work...
Hugz

Susan said...

And that's a lot of beauty you created.

Lin said...

What do you mean 'that's all'! Lots of blocks done and all nice and cheerful. It's been raining here too but never enough to give the garden the really good soak that it needs. Heres hoping for sunnier times. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Eh ben, tu en a fais, des blocs ! Elles sont chouettes tes étoiles, et moi aussi j'aime bien coudre du jaune vif quand il ne fait pas beau dehors. Les roses sont adorables.
Très sympa aussi ton Friends' Favourite, une bonne idée pour un bébé quilt.
Merci pour le partage !

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Yellow is such a happy color and your stars are looking great! Excited to 'see' it all laid out!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Good for you for taking stock of how much you have accomplished this year and what's left to do. Can't wait to see how the Irish Star blocks come together.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You had a great week!! and the yellow is a good way to brighten a dreary day