Friday 1 December 2023

Sew, Sew, Quilt

On most mornings, you can find me at my computer, looking for a job. After that, I quilt, cook, eat, bake, clean house, sew, eat, clean, sew, sleep and repeat. Thank goodness for sewing otherwise my life would be sooooo boring. 

Anywho! Here's what I got. Lori's (Humble Quilts) mini quilt sew-along. 


It is hard to photograph such a light-coloured quilt. We had a faint sun this morning but it still managed to wash out the photo. 
I took another picture when the sun was hidden by clouds. You can see the prints better. The quilt's real colour is actually somewhere in between these two photos. 
I'm looking for a little piece of reproduction fabric for the back and I will hand quilt this one. Then it will go on my wall of fame. 


Sew some more Paper Chain blocks (sorry, no photos). 

Quilted more Ohio Star blocks.

The centre of the quilt is the 9-patch with the 3 red blocks. I'm working on the dark green one on the right. I quilt a quarter inch (more or less) from the seam on all the background fabric and the centre block. I quilt it during the day because it is hard to see what I do at night as I use a navy thread in the dark blocks. 

My diagram might help you see where I'm at. 
Yep, that's right, only 63 more to do. 



♪♫♪♪ On the first day of Christmas ... ♫♪ my design wall gave to me ... 

(I set it on the floor to take a picture.) It's a quilt I saw in the Connecting Threads catalogue and couldn't help but make one block (lest I forget). I won't make a new block every day but I intend to treat myself to something every day. How about you?  

That's all for now. Have a lovely weekend. 
;^)



Joining these talented ladies 
Angela at So Scrappy







18 comments:

PaintedThread said...

I really like the neutral quilt top. Very pretty. One of these years I need to try hand-quilting something.

Lin said...

I have been meaning to ask how the job hunting is going - not so well it seems! Love the little mini and so nice to see someone hand quilting. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Ton mini quilt est très réussi, quelle belle harmonie de tons et de motifs. Tout en douceur et subtilité, superbe ! Bravo pour ton activité de la semaine, et ce nouveau bloc coloré. Un chouette projet pour utilisé les jolies chutes !
Bon courage pour la recherche d'emploi, j'espère que tu trouveras quelque chose qui te conviendra, en attendant ça te laisse du temps pour coudre, et c'est plutôt bien ;))
Bises, et merci pour le partage de liens !

The Cozy Quilter said...

Very cute mini neutral quilt. I hope your job hunt is successful soon.

Fiona said...

The low volume quilt is gorgeous.... be great once quilted and well done with the other quilting... so effective. I love your new scrappy block .... lots to keep you busy.... no luck on the work front then - this time of year is harder too I think .... new year will bring good luck xx
Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The low volume mini quilt is beautiful! I know those colors are hard to photograph, but you showed it off nicely. I like your new block, too! That's how I felt about making the scrappy star that I showed in my post - just treating myself to a new block!

Quilting Babcia said...

Hand quilting is a great stress reliever especially when you can quilt without marking any stencils. I do hope your job search is fruitful soon, though this is a tough time of year. I like that new block, it looks like a perfect scrap buster. Now if I could find a good fairy to cut up all my scraps into squares, lol.

Sara said...

The cream colored block is so elegant looking. And the scrappy block will make a fun quilt.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a lovely neutral top, a classic! Great progress on the Ohio Star hand quilting. It's been a long time since I hand quilted anything, maybe I'll get back to it next year? You always make the cutest scrap blocks, the new one is no exception. Take care and have fun.

maggie fellow said...

the neutrals look so pretty together - such a blessing to hand quilt - great job

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty neutral mystery project - well done!
Loved seeing your quilting update! Makes me want to get out my oldest UFO and do some hand quilting, which I usually do over the Christmas break. And I also have an "old school" paper and pencil diagram to keep track of my stitching!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your neutral mini quilt is pretty. Isn't it interesting how rich a project can look with using only neutrals?

Kate said...

Your neutrals mini turned out beautifully! Happy stitching this week.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The neutrals mini is adorable!
and your quilting - wow - that is turning out great.
Good luck on the job front

Auntie Em said...

Parsonsfield turned out great!

Lori said...

I like it so much! Thanks for sewing along!

gayle said...

I admire your Parsonfield! (You know that if I had attempted it, it would have come out all orange and purple and defeated the whole ide...)
Good luck with the job hunt - I hope something perfect just drops in out of the blue!

Barb said...

Oh your low volume little quilt along is just great.
Good luck with the job hunt and Happy Holidays!