Sunday 31 December 2023

The Last of 2023

It was partly a good year. My boys really did well this year and I'm grateful and happy for that. I, on the other hand, was not as successful but I'll bounce back. (Never thought it would take so long to bounce back, but I will. I still have some springs in those old legs of mine, haha.)

So many unfinished projects, and so many more planned for the new year. 

2023 
It started so beautifully, full of pretty blocks, new adventures, and a mindset to accomplish it all. 
Twinkling Star (Galaxy), Paper Chain, Idaho Square Dance, Friend's Favourite and Irish Star were to be the projects for 2023; along with Buckey Beauty, Chaser, Star Blooms and Scrap Jar Star which were started the previous year. 

Twinkling Star (Galaxy) - because of a cutting mistake, the points are lost and I just abandoned that one ... for now. 



Paper Chain - it is now a top. It is a donation to the Quilts for Survivors. (50" X 67")



Idaho Square Dance - sadly was abandoned. Turned into a UFO. 


Friends' Favourite - added on a whim, from a friend in Australia. (Thanks, Fiona, for the inspiration) Will continue in 2024. (It was more fun playing with this one than Idaho Square Dance, hehe)


Irish Chain Star - it is now a top. 


Baby Quilt - started in September on a whim. Donation. Waiting quilting. (36" square)


I managed to sew 50 9-patch blocks from Jan to Sept which is not much compared to last year's 97. 


I've also worked on roll-over projects from 2022 like : 

Jericho Wall was assembled at the beginning of the year. 



Scrap Jar Star - worked on the remaining blocks and assembled that one too. 



Made from Scratch - (a.k.a. Crumb block quilt) (a.k.a. Chaser) - worked on the remaining blocks and assembled that one too. 

Jacob's Summer - (a.k.a. Jacob's Ladder) was quilted and finished. 


Star Bloom - worked on a few more blocks but was then neglected.



Buckey Beauty - worked on a few more blocks - need more blocks 

 
Twice, I've participated in the Joyful Quilter challenge "Table Scrap Challenge". Hopefully, I'll be able to participate more often next year. Thanks, Joy, for doing this again. She is changing the challenge yet again this new year because she can, lol. Come see what all the fun is about right here. 

Challenge A & G - Araignée géante (Giant Spider)(16"square)  
The only kind of spider I can tolerate is one made of fabric! 



Challenge O & X (16"square)



And last but not least, Parsonsfield. A little sew-along hosted by Lori that I just couldn't skip. Thanks, Lori for organizing this fun SAL. 


A brown scrap basket was made during this year also. I haven't reached the end of that rainbow yet. 


In October, I started hand-quilting Ohio Star Shadow. I was hoping to have half of it quilted by the end of the year, but sickness stole many days away from me. 

46 more blocks to go 

And I believe that's all. Phew! That was long. I think I'll keep the 2024 projects for another post because I now need to hop back into bed for a little refresher nap. 

Thank you, everyone, for your good wishes regarding this flu I caught. 
Let me finish by wishing you all, the best for 2024. Take care, my friends. 
;^)

Joining these talented ladies:
 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Wendy for Peacock Party

16 comments:

PaintedThread said...

So many nifty projects! It's been fun to watch them unfold.

julieQ said...

What a spectacular year!!! Such fun scrappy projects. Happy New Year to you!

Quilting Babcia said...

You've had an amazingly busy year. Hope the new year will bring you renewed energy and at least one exciting new quilty project to enjoy. Now get back to resting!

Deb A said...

So many pretty quilts! Hope you bounce back from the flu bug quickly while snuggling under one of those pretty quilts.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, you have been prolific with your quilting and stitching in 2023! So, so many gorgeous quilts you have fashioned. May you have a happy new year filled with happy stitching!

MissPat said...

Wow, you've been busy. Irish Chain Star is my favorite. And yet, the scraps keep mulitplying.
Happy New Year. I hope you feel better soon.
Pat

Lin said...

So many lovely projects Chantal. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Jenny said...

You've done really well, I'm most impressed! Hope your spinal and leg problems are coming right for you, things like this make you feel old, ask me how I know!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is an amazing collection of projects! Great job in 2023 (in spite of all the challenges!)
Happy New year!

Angie said...

Chantal - illness can steal so much time for us, but it is wise to rest and look after the one and only body we have. I loved scrolling through your many projects - Jericho Wall and Jacob's Ladder stood out for me. I am joining Slow Sunday Stitching for the first time - I am number 22 if you want to stop by! Happy New Year!

QuiltGranma said...

In spite of unfinished things due to whatever cause, you STILL did quite a bit! Be encouraged, you'll get more done this year!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So many wonderful, stunning, colorful quilts here!!! That shadow Ohio star is really something!!! Sure looks like overall you've made a lot of progress. Keep on quilting!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You worked on many beautiful projects throughout 2023! I enjoyed following along as you shared them. Every year is different as to what you finish, and they'll wait patiently for you! (Ask me how I know!) Happy New Year, Chantal!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Quelle belle rétrospective de l'année ! Bravo pour tes projets, même si certains sont laissés de côté pour le moment ! Je te souhaite de belles réalisations encore pour 2024, bises !

maggie fellow said...

you have done really well at moving forward

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a pretty line up of quilts!!!