Wednesday 27 December 2023

So This is Christmas ...

I hope it was a good one and you have good stories to tell. For me, not so much. On the 19th of December, DS2 got the intestinal flu, and two days later DS3 caught it (he's home for the week, what a week he had poor thing!), then DS1 caught it too. I walked around the house with a can of Lysol spray and wipes, trying desperately to keep the germs at a minimum. When DH started to show symptoms, I knew it didn't look good for me. We cancelled all outings. 

In preparation for the Holidays, I had cooked and baked so I could just enjoy the boys and sewing. Now, I'm stuck indoors with sick people still coughing their lungs out and none of them can eat anything but chicken noodle soup. Thank goodness for the freezer. 


Before the awful 19th of December, I did finish a top! 

Paper Chain quilt inspired by Cathy at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting

This quilt is heading to Quilts for Survivors in 2024. They asked for quilts of 48 X 64 and this one measures 50 X 67. I hope they accept it anyway. I'm planning to make another one to give to them, not like this but with 2" squares again. 

My friend Anne is moving (downsizing) so she gave me lots of fabric, once again. She asked me if I wanted her serger machine. Euh! Yeaaah! 

She still had the instruction book and everything else. I've never worked with a serger so that will be a new adventure. 


♫ ♪ ♪ On the second day of Christmas ... ♫ ♪ the weatherman gave me ... a snow friend!

He was quite a charmer too, wanting hugs, winking, and all. 



But then, my husband showed up and ... well ... 

my snow friend took off! ⛄ Bye, bye! 

I will do a recap of 2023 along with a list of (hopeful) projects for 2024. The first item on that list is a job! 

May all be well and bright at your place. May Health and Joy be your guardians in the new year! 
Take care all. 

Picture taken on Christmas day. Yep, sometimes we don't have snow. 

News Flash: I'm sick too! 😩😷


Take care. ;^)








4 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh no! Get better soon - all of you! Paper Chain is a scrappy delight!

MissPat said...

I was hoping you would escape the flu, but it was probably inevitable. I'm sending you positive vibes that a job is on the horizon soon, even though that means less time to sew. Happy New Year, Hope you feel well enough to celebrate.
Pat

Shepherdess55 said...

Will be praying that you recover quickly as well as finding a job.

Barb said...

I hope everyone is recovered!
Happy Early New Year
Great scrappy quilt and good score on the serger