Sunday 28 January 2024

Table Scrap Challenge ... Finally Done!

It took a long time to do this challenge because I had some lessons to learn along the way.

This was the preview of my work for the Table Scrap Challenge as shown in my January 12th post. It looks pretty straight to me. 


It was still straight when it was done. I'm so in love with it. 


So, on with the quilting ... and things started to go sideways ... a lot. 


Maybe, because I hadn't pinned it enough, or because I quilted one side always from top to bottom and the other side of the middle from bottom to top, the fabric got dragged and things started to look crooked. Oh! Dear! 

So I ripped all the stitches. (next time, remember to iron the piece once again, before re-quilting it.) 
I finished quilting it late Saturday night. It didn't make much of a difference. 

See what I mean by the fabric being dragged? 


Sunday morning, I sew the binding on. I used the leftover white strips for the binding. BIG mistake! The strips were cut at 1.5", too narrow for a good binding. I couldn't sew the binding to the back. So, again, ripped all the stitches. 

The faster I go, the behind-er I get! 


Haste makes waste! 


K, K, I got it!  



Anywho! It is finally finished with all the imperfections lessons learned from a quick quilt. 😇

This is my FIRST finish of the year and my FIRST entry in the Table Scrap Challenge hosted by The Joyful Quilter. Thanks, Joy! 


The Snowflake in Blue is backed with a lovely snowy scenery with cardinals, cottages and pines. Just Winter scenes. 


I had a good chuckle when I saw Joy's TSC post. Yeah! Great minds do think alike! This is what's been on my doodle pad for the TS Challenge since the beginning of January. The first snowflake was too much work with all its HSTs, so I went with my second choice. 😄 Check what she did here. 


Back to my regular program next weekend. 
Have a great one! 

;^)


Joining:
Cynthia for Oh Scrap 

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish, Chantal - that's really pretty! I have had that happen when machine quilting projects, too. In fact, on my Table Scraps project, I had to rip some quilting out because I had pushed the pieces out of line so much. We all hate to have to do that, but you know you're not going to be happy with the final result if you don't!

PaintedThread said...

That is a really cool snowflake! Wonky or not, it's terrific.

Quilting Babcia said...

Every quilt has lessons for us to learn. A blessing when the quilt is small! Your finish is beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!! Did I ever get a good laugh at seeing your drawing, Chantal. Congrats on your fabulous first finish of 2023 AND thank you for joining in the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge fun!

Lin said...

Well it does look like a great finish from here despite the drag! What patience to take out all that quilting. Love the design. xx

Shepherdess55 said...

The mantra is better finished than perfect. It looks good on my screen so I'm sure it's even better in real life.

Fiona said...

I love love love your snowflake.... so clever and a finish done!

HUgz

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Way to hang in there for a great finish.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bravo, il est superbe ! Et le dos est adorable. Je me suis faite avoir aussi une fois pour avoir récupéré une bande trop étroite pour la finition. Ce n'est pas drôle de défaire !
Merci pour le partage ;)