My son missed his school bus this morning. Oh great. My second son (Curly) needs to practice driving so he drove us into town to drop off Sweet 16 at school, (with me in the passenger seat of course!) It took much longer with him driving but a Mother has to do what a Mother has to do!!
Got home and did some laundry and pre-washed some FQ. Then ironed some FQ. (Yes, it's another blue quilt :^D)
Now need to cut the same FQ and it got me thinking to the questions Karen (from Sew Many Ways) had asked on her post here. It is number 7 on my list. (the cutting that is, not Karen lol). She asked which parts of quilting to you prefer to do and which is your least favorite?
My number one is looking at quilts, getting inspired and getting the mojo flowing.
2. Piecing. Love to hear the sewing machine' motor humming and to see the little pieces getting bigger with each run under the needle.
3. Quilting. By hand that is. As with the sewing, it is one little piece at a time and it grows and grows.
4. Binding. It is my last chance at having the quilt all to myself. After that, I have to share it with others lol.
5. Shopping. I put shopping in the middle of the list because it is always mix emotions for me. I LOVE to shop!! Whether is it for fabric or shoes or watches or ... well everything except groceries really! But when I shop for fabric I always wish I had more money and that there were more fabric in my bag. LOL!
6. Making sandwich. Not my favorite but I can manage it because it is almost time to quilt so it is all good.
And the dreaded number 7: cutting!! What a CHORE! BeYuCK!! >:^P
In order to go to the retreat I had no choice but to cut and cut some more.
And that is for one project only. I wanted to bring two projects just in case so ...
More time was spent at the cutting table. This one is flannel. When I found out that the retreat was cancelled, I've stopped the cutting frenzy! :^D
So, starting with your favorite one, how would you number these quilt-making steps:
- Looking for quilt inspirations, online, books, magazines
- Shopping for the fabric
- Cutting the fabric
- Piecing the quilt top
- Making the quilt sandwich
- Quilting the quilt
- Binding the quilt