Sunday 29 July 2018

Standing at the Cutting Board

So there I was at the cutting board and many ideas were sprouting in my head.

"Stay focus, girl. You'll never finish this if you're all over the place."

After ten minutes, I went upstairs, grabbed my son by the arm, removed the headset from his head, towed him down to the sewing room by the sleeve and asked "what do you think?" (With a white sashing between each cog, it would be perfect. This one is only 2.5 inches in height unfinished.)


Instead of like this 


A discussion followed about my different ideas. I didn't had to sew a tester block for all my ideas as he was quick (surprisingly) to decide what he wanted.

He picked the same one as before (ugh!) but on a smaller scale. The "teeth of the cog" are only 1 3/4 inches wide by 3.5 long.

I dug up the leftover pieces of the first crumb quilt's border.

and chopped them down to size.


Then I got lots of fabric out to cut, cut, cut and ... maybe I can do this outside? Darn, too windy!!

Needed to cut, cut and cut more of the longer pieces too.

Now I can sit and sew ... but it's so nice outside!!!  Hmmmmm.....


;^)


Joining Cynthia for Oh Scrap! Come see the wonders others are making.


9 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your pieced border is going to frame the quilt really nicely. Bummer your son didn't like the larger scale but at least it is still scrappy.

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

When we ask kids for advice, we don't always get what we were hoping for! :) Hopefully, this will move along quickly for you though. It's definitely going to be scrappy!

Fiona said...

that's a lot of cutting and sewing to do....
Hugz

gayle said...

I laughed at the part where you removed his headset! 8)

Anonymous said...

Wow this is going to look fantastic ,love the fabrics and using white in between,i am your newest follower and i hope you will visit and follow me. Looking forward to your progress on this one xx

Karen's Korner said...

At least he gave you a quick answer -maybe not what you wanted to hear. God luck on getting it finished.

Barb said...

your son made a good consultant! looks great

Wendy F said...

Good feedback from your son, looks like a great scrappy quilt!

Amyy Silva said...

A vast cutting board or butcher square can lay ideal on your work station. The extent of the your kitchen sink plays a factor in deciding the span of a cutting board. You ought to have the capacity to fit the load up into the sink to wash it one half at time.10 Best cutting boards