Saturday 5 January 2019

I Found a Rainbow

They say you can never catch a rainbow, right? Well I caught one!


After a very busy morning at the Centre where I work with young children and educators, I found a rainbow hiding in the dishwasher. It made me smile. I took a picture to share with you so you'll smile too.

(Yes, I do draw pleasure from the simplest of things. :^D)

With Angela's help, I want to slowly transfer this rainbow into my sewing room, month by month.

I know Angela picked RED for January but I'm more in the winter blues ... and I will be for a long time to come. Last week, I crossed out the middle of August, 2016. Let's have a look.



Aug 13: Morning Glory with 13 pieces

One of the petals and the background are too close in color but I still love this one. Notice that all my blocks look crooked; it is due to poor pinning on the design wall. Sorry, I was in a rush to take the pictures. :^}

Greek Cross: 17 pieces an easy 9-Patch


Forward and Back : 24 pieces but also an easy one.


Next comes August 16 - Rising Star with more pieces cut at 7/8 of an inch. It's madness, I'm telling you.  33 pieces for this one.


It makes such a cute block that I forgive its petite challenge.

Catch Me If You Can was much easier to assemble. Only 24 pieces and they were biggies with their 1 1/4 inches. Ha!

I kind of forgot I am working on the dark border when I picked the fabric for this one. Oh well. It'll add something interesting to the quilt I guess.

That brings us to a total of 111 pieces for 5 blocks.


Next comes August 18 - Hit and Miss, which is by the machine waiting for me to sit and stitch.


And to finish this week, here is August 19 with Flying X, also prepped and waiting its turn.
I have to pin the pieces to the plate otherwise they fly all over the place when I move the plate. They are that small.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing with little pieces and I am still in love with this quilt. Every time I finish one, I am amazing that I was able to pull it off. Dear Jane is starting to look like a possibility for me. :^D

A few more regular 9-Patch were made as leader / enders while working on the 365 Challenge.

Lots of orange and purple in this bunch. Fun!

Oh yes! The red one!

Made another Ohio variation star. I so love this background fabric. It has red, blue and grey dots. Simple, right? Yet, it does something to me. Ain't I funny?


All in all, it was great fun.

Cheers!

;^)

Joining Angela at So Scrappy
Joining Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework


14 comments:

Jo said...

I do love tiny blocks! But i kerp telling myself i will never get through my stash if i don't make bigger blocks. And your blues are lovely.

gayle said...

Your 365 blocks are so wonderful! I love tiny blocks, too! (I'm trailing along about 2 months behind you in this challenge. You always inspire me to get my blocks out and make a few more!)
Your star is beautiful, too! That's a terrific variation!

Quilting Babcia said...

Rainbows are always a good sign, like spotting a bald eagle. Those blue blocks are beautiful! And your Ohio Star variation is just wonderful. One day I'm going to make a quilt of them.

PaintedThread said...

I love Morning Glory. That Rising Star is CRAZY! Beautiful.

Fiona said...

as always your tiny work is just amazing.... love all those blocks and great leader/ender project too..
I love the rainbow picture you got... I would have snapped that too!

Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun picture of the rainbow of dishes, Chantal! Your tiny blue blocks with lots of pieces are just amazing! Good for you for sticking with them.

CecileD said...

Oh là là...mais ils sont hyper petits tes blocs !! Mais bravo car ils sont super beaux !!
Gros bisous Chantal !! :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

That sweet little Rising Star center!!! It's SEW darling! Looks like you are having lots of fun with your blue blocks, but I'm glad that you took some time to make a RED block , too. By the way... Love, love, LOVE your "rainbows in the wild" photo!!

Julierose said...

Lovely blue blocks--Winter seems blue to me, too...and red steamy like July or August...
But, then, Christmas uses red--so...well --andthis is exactly how I get into color muddles lol hugs, julierose

scraphappy said...

If you can handle all those little bits, Dear Jane should be no problem for you. Beautiful!

Run 'n Stitch said...

Oh my such little pieces! The blocks are pretty adorable. Did you sew them on the machine? When I make these tiny blocks I have to hand sew them because the machine distorts them-or me on the machine distorts time;-)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am so intrigued by your tiny 365 blocks. I love the colors you are using. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

So many beautiful blocks! I really like the morning glory!

swooze said...

Wow you got a lot done!!