Saturday 26 January 2019

Distractions

I don't have a lot to show you this weekend because I was very distracted.

Last Saturday, I had fun, with the ladies from my group, sewing up Port-a-cath pillows. I asked the ladies to cut more fabric for me to bring home. I got busy with them this week.

On the stand by, I have some pillows waiting to be closed up and, under the old scissors (needed to cut Velcros), there's some pillows waiting to be assembled ...


... more are waiting to be flipped, while others need to be filled (usually done in the evening in front of TV) ...

before and after

... and some are completed.
Yes, I did some orange ones as they were lacking from the first batch. I will also add yellow, purple, hearts, rainbow squares, football, whatever else I fancy.


To know more about Port-a-cath, see this website

https://nurse.org/articles/what-is-a-port-a-cath/

or if you just want the pattern (we did modified it a bit), please visit Create to Donate at

http://createtodonate.org/how-to-make-a-chemo-port-pillow/

It's a good way to use up some scraps and help someone else at the same time.

I will continue with this project until I run out of Velcros. Since the velcros is very harsh on the needle, I haven't sewn much else. My needle is about as dull as a darning needle. Lol.

Before this distraction knocked on my door, I did finish two little blue devils for the 365 Challenge Sampler.


Counter-Change Cross - 16 pieces             Chevrons - 11 pieces -

Chevrons needs a good trim but I'll wait because it has so many subcuts.  Those are from September 2 and 3.


Have a great weekend everyone.

;^)

Joining Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict



8 comments:

Ellen said...

A very worthwhile distraction! :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

There are some RED scraps in those photos. Such a worthy cause!!

Fiona said...

what a good distraction you had... well done with all those pillows...the blocks are great too..... as always I admire your patience with them..

Hugz

scraphappy said...

Still some progress even with the distractions. Looking good.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your distraction was of the positive kind, Chantal! Those are a sweet thing to spend your time on, and will be so appreciated by the recioients!

gayle said...

Such a good distraction! (I had no idea what they were - thanks for the links!)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a wonderful distraction. Thanks for the link.

And thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

swooze said...

Only 122 days to go!