Saturday 17 August 2019

Dusting off the sewing machine


My sewing machine got dusty while waiting for me to come talk with her.

Don't know what this is supposed to be but I thought it was funny. 


Julie at JulieKQuilts is working on her Dear Jane quilt. It got me longing for my own long term project: 365 Challenge.

So I sat at the machine and sew one block up to see how it goes. Well, it didn't go so well.  I'm out of practice and made a blooper. On the other hand, it is so typical of me to start with an oops! Lol.


I didn't focus much on which side the light blue went and it ended up with a totally different design. Not pretty. (it isn't sewn together)

So I cut some more fabric, a tiny little 1.5 inch square and started over.

So much better.  Sorry for the blurry picture. I must be out of practice as a photographer too.


Don't forget to visit Angela for more blues.

;^)

Joining Cynthia on Sunday for Oh Scrap!




14 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Your blocks look nice. Oh that 365 challeng! I have a little more to do on mine but it won't be 365. I will have to count the blocks when I finish and will have to change the name. LOL That was just too many little blocks for me! I am looking forward to seeing yours finished.

Marly said...

It's good to see you're still playing the mini game. As for bloopers we've all been there! At least the unit you rejected is very small; not much fabric lost there! Throw it in your orphan box, it'll come in handy as a filler sometime - maybe even in another 365 block.

Julierose said...

Very pretty blocks--you created a new design is how I'd look at it ;)) life is too short to sweat the small stuff lol
Hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Quilting is harder than it looks. Oops! blocks are an occupational hazard. At the end of the day, all was right with the world (and your new BLUE block!!)

julieQ said...

OH I love it! Whoops...I totally get that! So glad you are playing around!!!

Vicki in MN said...

That looks like a sewing machine tractor for a farmers wife who loves to sew! I know what you mean by starting with an oops. That is what I did yesterday, grrr. Well it was only 6 blocks with 2 strips that I had to rip but still!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

When I'm in a hurry to get back to sewing again, or get something accomplished, I often goof it up, too! Your second one looks perfect!

Lin said...

A sewing tractor? I love it. Great little block too. xx

grammajudyb said...

My dad used to remind me that if your are not making mistakes, then you are not doing anything! It's the truth, right! It's how we learn!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Progress is progress - even if it is one block. But I am looking forward to seeing more :)

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Susie H said...

I love the shares of pretty blocks AND the oopsie blocks. It makes me feel so much better because I sure have my share of oopsie blocks too!

gayle said...

Life can be just full of oopsies, can't it? Your block is certainly looking good now!
And I love the sewing machine tractor - it made me smile, too.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

J'adore les tissus de ce premier bloc, il pourrait servir pour le dos du quilt ?

sk said...

For true fans of this thread I will address is a free online! mini sewing machine