Friday 4 October 2019

Look Who's Back ...


Deconstruction taking place.
Deconstruction complete



... Together !
Doesn't it look pretty floating on the breeze? I love it now. I'm glad I restarted my Field of Poppies (a.k.a. Good Fortune from Bonnie K. Hunter Mystery Quilt). No more squished red poppies to fit the size of the green blocks.

Hopefully it will be bright and sunny this weekend so I can take more pictures because I want it back in my header again. Now, I'm proud of it :^D

I'm not decided about the border(s) yet. I'll let it simmer for a bit.


On the blues front: 

I had a very productive weekend. Maybe I'll get another this weekend. Hopefully!

Oct 19: Cake Stand - 20 pieces. After the Birthday Cake block from last week,  we have the stand. That's funny and totally coincidental.


Oct 20: Arrowhead - 16 pieces. Now I know why Kathy is so addicted to this block. Whoo Hoo! That was fun! Go check this link; it's worth it.


Oct 21: Tulip Lady Finger - 29 pieces. These are the smallest tulips ever from anywhere! Glad it is done.


Oct 22: Lone Star - 33 pieces. Never seen this block before but I like it. Not complicated either. Just pretty.


Next comes one of my favorite blocks.

Oct 23: Massachusetts - 24 pieces. I just love Ohio Star and this variation is gorgeous too. What attracts me to this block? Hell if I know! It's just ... a lovable 9-Patch! :^D

Oct 24: Key Lime Pie - 29 pieces. Uh nope!  That's for another post.

;^)


Joining Sarah for "Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?"
Angela for "Rainbow Scrap Challenge" on Saturday
Cynthia for "Oh Scrap!" on Sunday



8 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Great progress on your blues, and your Field of Poppies looks GREAT! A Key Lime Pie block huh, that I'll have to see. Nope, it'll only make me hungry for the real thing, lol!

Loris said...

Your Good Fortune looks beautiful! I'm not seeing the difference in the before deconstruction and the after though. Can you point it out for me?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad your Field of Poppies is making you happier now - all that work was worth it then! It's so pretty! The 365 blocks just get more amazing - I love that Ohio Star variation especially.

Fiona said...

Love the field of poppies (I can't remember what was wrong with it though) but it's important you like what you make. Well done with nmore of your blocks... getting there...
Hugz

gayle said...

Look at you go! You've really had some productive time lately - I hope it keeps up so I can see all the goodies you're making!
Those 365 blocks are gorgeous! Worth the challenge of making them, for sure. (Tiny little tulips! Woohoo!)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting Field of Poppies (back) together. It's gorgeous!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I always seem to like projects more after they have sat for a bit. All of your blocks are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Typeface Tales said...

I enjoyed readingg this