Wednesday 27 November 2019

Another One Out / Whatever Wednesday

Are you tired of hearing about this 365 Challenge quilt? Well then I've got good news for you because it is almost done. :^)

My goal is to have all the 365 blocks finished before the year is out. I managed to finish all the blocks for November before the month is done, even though there were a few bumps along the way. Hopefully I can do the same with December. Let's have a look.


November 22 - Star and Cross - 33 pieces



Nov 23 - Airport -
what is this? I don't like this block. I'm not sure why but I don't like this block. Nope, not doing it. To me, it has a modern feel compared to the others but that's just me. So let's pick something else.

I couldn't find anything in the Bonus Blocks as they are all for the smaller 3.5 inches blocks. Not to worry; there's a gazillion of inspiration all over magazines, books, Internet, Pinterest ... Out on a hunt I went. And I came back home with more than a few good candidates. The winning block is :


Carolina Chain from Bonnie K. Hunter. 36 pieces
This is a very fun block to do. Maybe a little too much fun.


Can we really have too much fun? This is going down in the flannel bin and someday, out of that bin will sprout a Carolina Chain quilt. Yay! (Please do not hold your breath.) (Can you say squirrel?)

Uh hum!
Back to 365 Challenge.
Yes, well, November 24 brought Turkey's Dilemma - 49 pieces


It is a nice one with no Y-seams so I love it. RSC contender? Maybe.

November 25 - Squares and Strips - 25 pieces
Talk about easy.

November 26 - Merry Kite - 45 pieces

I got into all kind of troubles with this one. Remind me not to sew pass my bedtime. Eventually, it got done ... beautifully.

November 27 (so close to the end, Aaaaahhhhh!) White Hemstitch with 37 pieces.

November 28 - Domino and Squares - again 37 pieces and not yet trimmed. ( I just want to sew! I don't have time to trim!)
Isn't it a beauty? I love this one too.


November 29 - Celtic Twist with 29 pieces. I love this one.
I've done one before as it is on my to-do-list but since I can not locate it at the moment, you'll just have to believe me.  Lovely block.
 I apologize for the poor quality of the photos. It's late, it's dark, it's on a white background but I just want to share with you anyway.


And the last one for the month of NOvember is (NO way! Am I really done?)(Aaaaaahhh!)
White Square Quilt.
Whhhaaaat?  What a drab! I have a mind to spruce it up a little bit.

There! Isn't that better?
It has 17 pieces and I am DONE with November!  Whoohoo!

Total for 9 blocks is 308 pieces.
Grand total of pieces for November is 973 pieces.

I need a glass of wine after all these pieces. But just a very small one because I still have lots of sewing to do.

On to Whatever Wednesday, I did do some sewing that is NOT related to the 365 Challenge. (Yes, there IS such a thing, haha.)

A co-worker brought me three Fat Quarters and asked if I could make "bandana" for her cat. I don't know if they are called bandana when you wear them around your neck but that's what she calls it and I said "sure, I'll do that for you."

She had tried to make one herself and it didn't go so well. So one of the FQ, bear and foxes, was missing a big chunk. There was enough left for one bandana out of that one and I thought I could get two bandanas out of the others FQs.

So here's my first attempt at making bandanas for a cat.
Cute right?



As I cut the last one out, I managed to cut the only bandana I could cut out of her bear and foxes print. Darn! That was that for that fabric! Wait! No. I can't do that.



I looked at my mess and chopped it off sideways.



Got a piece of orange fabric out. (Orange can fix anything.) And TA-DAHhhh!




So why not make another bandana with little pieces and VoilĂ ! She got two of that one too. Happy ending!



This was so much fun to do that I ended up making some more out of my own fabric because ... well, hey! He's a star after all and he needs something cute for the holidays, Ha!


And here is Nemo, himself, sporting is latest bandana, sent to me by his Mama.
(I hope this works.) He's so stinky cute!
He just wants to grab the phone so he can purr his gratitude into my ears. Oh, little flirt, you!



Hope you all have happy endings sewing.
;^)


Joining

Denise at For the Love of Geese
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework











15 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Merry Kite is beautiful. Domino and Squares is so cool, without being trimmed.

Libby in TN said...

Cat bandanas? Really? I'm considering Carolina Chain for next year's RSC.

CecileD said...

Oh tes blocs sont splendides !! Mille bravos Chantal !
Et ton chat minou est trop mignon avec le bandana ! Meohh !!

Fiona said...

You are such fun.... I know we would get on.… love the blocks and that is one lucky cat!
Hugz

Lin said...

Lovely blocks - I too like the Domino and Squares, beautiful. Cute cat! Dare I ask how work is? xx

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Not only do your 365 blocks have lots of pieces, they have lots of little pieces! I love that Dominos and Squares block - really neat design. Hooray for finishing November!

gayle said...

Congrats on finishing November - and with such lovely blocks, too! Well done you!
And I'll be giggling for the rest of the day whenever I think of that cat in his sweet little bandanas!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great save on those kitty bandanas!! You finished your November blocks? Congrats!

scraphappy said...

I can’t decide which block is my favorite, each is prettier than the last. So glad that you Re almost done!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Every week, I see blocks on your blog that I can't wait to make. Only mine would be in a "slightly" bigger size! Congrats on finishing November's blocks.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Well done in completing so many blocks. They are all beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Barb said...

Nemo is adorable! and yes such a flirt. cute bandanas
Your little blocks are great and its fun to see your progress.

For the love of geese said...

Your blocks look fabulous, my hats off to you for sticking with this with long challenge. And thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Dolores said...

I haven't made any of the 365. I've just kept them for the future.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your 365 day blocks are wonderful, I can't believe you actually keep up every month! Every year I sign up for this quilt then feel overwhelmed and delete the link. Is there a foundation paper pieced pattern for these or are you actually piecing every tiny little piece? Happy Stitching!