Friday 15 November 2019

Leaving the Dark Side

Yes, I have left the dark for good. It feels great.  :3

Image result for smiley cat"
picture taken from Internet

Let's look at what I had to do to leave the Dark Side.

Nov 12 - Coxey's Camp - 20 pieces

It looks better in person as the two medium fabric have a bigger difference in tone.


Nov 15 - Chained 9-Patch - 20 pieces

I'm still looking for the 9-Patch in this one. Not very obvious, lol.

Nov 16 - Fish Platter - 32 pieces
I like this one. It is easier than one would think. I might add this one as a RSC possibility. But bigger than 3.5 inches.

On Nov 17, we were given Whirlpool
which is basically the same as June 21, Windblown Squares, except for the size and color of course.
Do I want two blocks that are almost identical in my quilt? No! It is a sampler quilt after all.

So I chose another block from the Bonus Block list and made Bear Paw Bow tie.

Isn't it cute? Only 24 pieces.


Nov 18 - Chain and Bar - 32 pieces
Oops! I didn't trim this one yet. I was too excited about pinning it to the design wall and have them all done! ALL DONE! Whoop Whoop!

Done with the dark blue that is but still playing with the blues, the lighter blues. It will be fun as November is always so gloomy and boring in my neck of the wood. I have to go back and make Nov 13 and 14 which I have skipped as I wanted to finish all the dark blues.

Only 45 more blocks to go; 320 made.  Whoop Whoop!!

A few 9-Patch got made in the process too.
Bonnie K. Hunter is right when she says if you don't like a fabric it's because you haven't cut it small enough. I don't like the brown fabric with the purple flowers. (what was I thinking?) Paired with black in a 3 inches 9-Patch it is cute.

There's another one in there that makes me go "what was I thinking?" Too late now.


Side note: Thank you all for the uplifting comments regarding my dreadful full time job. I appreciate it. They will do the final inspection of the office on Monday, so hopefully all will be okay and we can move back in. There is an end to my misery. Yay!

Have a great weekend everyone!

;^)

Joining Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Denise at For the Love of Geese 
















12 comments:

For the love of geese said...

I hope you keep coming back sharing these blocks as I am curious about the finished quilt. I love the colors. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down :)

PaintedThread said...

Huzzah for leaving the dark side! So many little pieces. I like Bonnie Hunter's thoughts on disliked fabric. LOL

Lin said...

More amazing blocks - hope all on track for Monday. xx

Deb A said...

Oh my goodness! Tiny but oh so cute.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Only 45 left - sounds doable! Way to go for sticking with it, Chantal! I love your tiny blocks - can't wait to see how this one goes together.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good news about your block (and the impending return to your office!)

MissPat said...

Your kitty's expression is just precious. Three cheers for leaving the dark side and good luck on Monday at work.
Pat

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Every week, I am amazed at how great your tiny blocks are. This will be a wonderful quilt.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Plus que 45, tu vois le bout ! Bravo pour les 320 blocs faits, j'adore ces bleus, ça va être un superbe quilt !

PaulaB quilts said...

Your civil war repro fabrics are charming. Good going on all these blocks.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You are getting so close to having your blocks all done. It will be fun to see them all together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your blocks are fabulous! I love all of those blues together. And is that your cat? I’ve never seen a cat smile like that before!!