Saturday 9 November 2019

Still in Blue

In Canada, it is a long weekend for us, so pedal to the metal, I'll be sewing some blues.

Here's what I've manage to do since my last post.

Katherine Wheel is November 5. It has 16 pieces and it is very easy. This one is a contender for RSC 2020. (OMG! I've just said that! 2020? Ouch!)

Darting Bird is next. I did a reverse version.

 Lol. No it's not that crooked in real life. I've used only two fabric instead of the three asked in the pattern and did the bird darker then the background. A simple 9-Patch with 15 pieces. Love this.


On to Nov. 7, Straw Flowers.

Now that was a challenge! Each quadrant is 2 inches unfinished. I'm happy that its 44 pieces fit so well together. YES! Done!


Road to the White House was much easier. It has 22 pieces.


November 9 block, Air Castle was made back in October, due to some of its pieces were made while making another block. For fear of losing the pieces, I made Air Castle right away. So, here's one you have seen already (probably).
25 pieces, not counted in October's grand total.


Next comes a hot mess. I don't like my choice of fabric but I am not starting it over. (not yet anyway!)
Wild Geese on November 10 is anything but nice. It is a wonky version of the original design. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :^\

Side note: my office has moved on October 24, to a new town where nothing is ready for us. Why did they made us move so soon I have no idea. The phone is not connect and there's no Internet. Our passes don't open doors and some desks received aren't the right one. Then the contractor kicked us out because we were in their way. (Of course, we are; it's NOT finished.) So, we work from another department with our stuff in boxes at our office which we can't go and get. Lovely, really! I work with my personal phone for lack of a better option. I am so tired; we all are. But it is business as usual. The educators have playgroups at different venues, where they have to haul boxes of toys and craft supplies. I do my best with their paper work, sometimes working things out from memory. I don't know yet where we will be on Tuesday. Still it doesn't explain such a wonky block but thanks for letting me vent it out.


I shouldn't think of that since it is the week END! A looooonnnnngggg weekend. It is our Remembrance Day on Nov 11. Appropriately, Nov 11 block is Poppy.

Isn't this a cutie? I love it. Hey Cynthia, here's another one for your garden. Wink! (You should check her garden quilt. It's awesome!)
Those little pieces in the corners are cut at 7/8 of an inch. I was wondering if any of this fabric would show once all the parts were sewn together but yes they do! 16 pieces.

All these blocks are 3.5 inches. Only 5 more to go and I am done with the wee blocks.

Talking about Poppy, I am also working on a border for Field of Poppies (a.k.a. Good Fortune by Bonnie K. Hunter). Here's what I have:

Option 1 

Option 2 

Option 3 

Option 4
This is what I am playing with this morning. What do you think?

Oh son is up! Time to go grocery shopping and then ... more sewing. :^D

Hope you can find some sewing time too. Enjoy!

;^)


Joining Angela at SoScrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Denise from Put Your Foot Down 



13 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks are moving right along, Chantal! (I can say that because I'm not sewing them, lol!) I think I'd like a whole quilt of those darting birds - in a rainbow of colors, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Tough choices on your border options, Chantel! Sorry to work is so discombobulated. Frustrating for all involved. Nice job on the newest set of blue blocks!

maggie fellow said...

good fortune looks really good and the wee blocks are amazing

MissPat said...

I've been doing the Tiny Tuesday blocks which are 4.5" finished. I can't imagine doing 3.5" blocks with so much little pieces. Hope things improve soon at work. That situation sounds very stressful.
Pat

Quilting Babcia said...

Once again, these tiny blocks are amazing! I especially love the Straw Flowers block, perfect color blending. I'll bet you're getting a bit anxious to have all these completed. The office move sounds perfectly awful!

Lin said...

I am still amazed at your tiny blocks! I too love the poppy. I think I am leaning towards option 4 of your borders, mainly I think because I do love a dark final border as it seems to contain everything and stops your eye wandering off. Hope work improves soon - sounds s****y! xx

CecileD said...

Bravo pour tes magnifiques blocs Chantal !! Wow !
Nous aussi nous avons un long weekend ! Et je vais en profiter hihi !
Pas fun ton bureau par contre... J'espère de tout coeur que la situation va rapidement s'arranger ! Car travailler dans ces conditions n'est pas très motivant !
Gros bisous :)

Kate said...

Wow, very tiny blocks with itty bitty pieces! They all look great. So sorry your work life is miserable at the moment.

gayle said...

Some of those tiny little blocks are making me say "ouch ouch ouch" because they're still in my future and I'm imagining the head-pounding it'll take to finish them!
I love your checkerboard border for your poppies, but I'd insert a 1" (finished) stop border between it and the center of the quilt. (But you know me - the more borders the merrier!)

Fiona said...

oh my gosh, lovely blocks and that one with so many pieces is amazing. I know you said you are not to happy with the colours on one but im sure it will fit in with the others once it is all together just fine. The poppies is looking great. Yuck grocery shopping... hope its all done and I do hope they sort out your working conditions soon.. not easy to contend with all that...
Hugz

For the love of geese said...

Good Fortune looks great in all options and I love your blue blocks. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That block was on my list! But I was planning a 12" size :)

I love your block in the sparkly fabric. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Bonnie said...

Yowzers! The blocks are soooo small. But you are doing a great job on them. I think my favorite is Poppy. I like Option 1. I think it might be because the lights are really light overall. I guess you can say 1 has more contrast.