Saturday 26 October 2019

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good is

Aster (corner #3) is done. As in done, done, done!
It has 157 pieces that finally fit together. Phew! (See last post to know more about its story. It is worth it.)

No Y-seams! I am really proud how it turned out. I've lost one point only. To me, that's excellent!


Only one more Corner to go. With the adventure I had with Aster, I think I will start working on corner #4, Christmas Iris, this week. (I hope I still have hair by the time I am done.)



While sewing Aster, I used the next few blocks as leader - enders so I have 3 more blocks/days done. They are:

Nov. 1, Good Fortune with 20 pieces

Nov. 3, Green River with 7 pieces soooooooo easy!

Nov. 4, Friendship Name Chain also with 7 pieces

With these blocks done, there is only 56 blocks left to do. Whoop Whoop!

I've also made a few 4-Patch blocks for the border of Field of Poppies.

Only need 116 of those. It's a whole lot better than 365, lol.



The Bad is

There is still 11 dark 3.5 inches blocks to do. :^b

So, I will do these first, regardless of where they are in the month of November. Then only the light 6 inches blocks will remain and there are 44 of those to do. Yay! The end is near.

The Ugly is

My sewing room! Nope, no pictures allowed. :^D
I so want to put all those little bits of dark blue away. Soon, soon.

Maybe I should include myself in this category because many of you question my sanity. It makes me laugh. Yes, I am crazy with this quilt or should I say crazy about this quilt? Either way, I am guilty!


I so want it. I still so love it. It really is the ultimate sampler. It will be (after my boys of course) my pride and joy once it is done. I am sure that all those who have completed this quilt or Dear Jane Quilt understand me completely.

Quilting is a crazy hobby. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

;^)


Joining Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework



16 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I'd say you are quilty guilty. Proud to know you!

Fiona said...

This quilt is going to be amazing.... it's good you love it so much - has kept you going
Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your aster block turned out beautifully! And the Good Fortune one is really neat, too. This quilt will definitely be quite an accomplishment, Chantal!

canuckquilter said...

This quilt is going to be stunning. The aster block is fabulous all by itself, but with all those other challenging little blocks? I can't wait to see it all together, but I'm sure I'm not as impatient for that as you must be!

Lin said...

I hadn't taken in that zig zaggy bowl in your last post - amazing! So glad for you and your sanity that the end is in sight. xx

Marly said...

Wow! those tiny chevrons! You get ten out of ten for making those; that basket is brilliant!

julieQ said...

Ooooo very pretty!!! That is a lot of pieces for one tiny block!

Susie H said...

Wowzers! Glad you included a peek at the finished quilt because I was starting to wonder what you were up to. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt but, man oh man, is that a lot of piecing. I'm sure you're up to it! So far looking great!

Barb said...

I give you an A+ wow that is a lot of pieces!

JanineMarie said...

That aster block is amazing!! The whole quilt will definitely be a heirloom. Don’t worry about the state of the sewing room. Messiness is a sign of creativity—at least that’s what I’ve heard.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I don't think I have seen a photo of how your blocks will be going together. That will be stunning!

You are getting so close to having all your blocks done. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's going to be SEW stunning!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Tes petits blocs bleus sont toujours aussi beaux ;) J'adore l'Aster, quelle merveille ! Ce quilt sera magnifique une fois complété, et quel courage ! Bravo !

gayle said...

Oh, my dear, I send you the biggest hugs for all your beautiful efforts! (And I will tell Santa that you deserve a case of seam rippers (and a case of wine) this December...)

Ruth said...

This quilt might be "worse" than my Dear Jane quilt when it comes to difficulty! It sure is going to be gorgeous!! I understand very well that you are nuts! I love that center square. BTW, I have wanted to make the quilt in hour header every since I saw it years ago.

cityquilter grace said...

coming along nicely...i am now hand quilting the final round, the light 6" blocks...binding is ready....huge project but i am glad i did it...see it here...www.citymousequilter.blogspot.com