Friday 7 February 2020

Lots of Scraps

Or as we say in French:  Scrap en masse!

At work, my work load as shifted somewhat. I see less and less of the children and the educators as my work is considered more and more administrative. This week, I had three days of formation: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning.

Now it's time to shed the work clothes and slip on an old pair of jeans, a comfy t-shirt and fire up the sewing machine. Bliss!

The last time I blogged, I showed you some green scraps in preparation for a green bag for my green scraps.

I even sew a Y-seams piece.
No one can say that all the techniques learned with the 365 Challenge were lost on me. I am proud of it too because it is flat. Double yay!

Fast forward, and Ta-Dah!
My green scrap bag is done.
One side and
the other side. At one point, I was getting bored of sewing green, so I opened the multicolored scrap plastic bag. Oh! that was so much fun! I love the speckles of colors those scraps brought to this side of the bag. (The colors are somewhat washed out in this picture.)


And where is my wonderful Y-seam piece, you ask.
Underneath! Hahaha! All that work and I didn't took into account the position of where it will end up. That is just so me. I had fun quilting it too. At first my stitches were too long but I got better as I went. I still need gazillions of hours of practice but I like my bag.

It's even lined in light green from an old bed sheet. It has about 2.5 - 3 inches left to be full which is a good thing as I got more scraps bags from my friends at the Artisanat meeting. Hopefully, the border on Field of Poppies will use up a lot of these scraps.

Angela called February's color to be orange for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Since I already have an orange bag and since the multicolored scraps are out, I will make a multicolored scrap bag next.

Although it is a big Ziplock bag, it is overflowing, so I just can't wait for Angela to call this color. It needs to be dealt with now. Well, that's my story. (Sorry, Angela.)

It will be fun to play with all the colors at once.




Have a great one.

;^)


P.S. I seem to have a connection problem (probably due to the snowstorm) so I will try to add my post on these linky party later today. ;^)

Joining:
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Sarah at Confession of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework












15 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Ah, green, the color of springtime! Commenting now that our snowstorm has abated somewhat. Probably the same storm you've been having.

maggie fellow said...

great idea for storing scraps

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great scrap basket, Chantal! Pretty and useful - win, win!

Fiona said...

I knew you had to be a jeans and t shirt gal.. I am too!! lovely green scrap work... I'm sure the basket will fill up quickly...
Hugz

scraphappy said...

Your green scrap bag is perfect! Such a great chance to use up ALL the little bits and just have fun with them. I need a multi color bin too! Some fabrics just don’t play well with the monochromatic theme.

Turid said...

Those scrap bags look great.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great green scrap bin! And I just LOVE your multicolored scraps!

gayle said...

Congrats on the new bin and BIG congrats on that y-seam! (Even if it did end up hiding on the bottom!)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I think these scrap bins are such a great idea. I love to sort my scraps by color as I make them. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Très joli pochon !

The Joyful Quilter said...

There are PLENTY of orange bits in your multi-colored scraps, Chantal! You can totally say that you are working with the RSC Color of the Month. I can't tell you how many times I have included some cool detail like your Y-seam, only to have it on the BOTTOM of my Quilted Scrap Basket, but YOU will know that it's there!!! And... aside from the misplaced Y-seam, your scrap bag turned out GREAT!

Susie H said...

Beautiful green basket for your green scraps!

Preeti said...

Scrappy Goodness in any color is awesome. Love the bag!!!
Multicolored month will be here soon!!!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

For the love of geese said...

That is so clever. It's more attractive than my scrap basket. Now you just need a pocket or two for scrap stabilizers. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.