Friday 28 February 2020

Some "Ta-Dah!" To Share

First Ta-Dah!

A finished scrap basket. Yay! I squared the corners so the basket would stand by itself but didn't cut the excess because I wanted to keep the "Vive la France" wording. Vous comprenez que la France est très importante pour moi.

It's starting to look decent. :^D


Second Ta-Dah!

A finished quilt in flannel. This one is for my second son.
 A monster of a quilt (75X100 inches)

Lots of crumbs stars and Puss in the Corner.

Robots in the first border and gears in the corner for my wanna be Engineer son.

This is the one I made for my first son. (It looks like a picture of the finished quilt was never taken. One day, I'll take one of the three quilts together. ) He loves it.

On to the last flannel quilt. Yay! I love to play with flannel.



Now, here are some other little bits I did.


One block to see how it goes. It is inspired by Ellen at Little Jewel Quilts. Thank you Ellen! I've been cutting fabrics for this quilt for two years or so. I'll have to start making this quilt soon or else, I'll end up with two. :^D



This is a commission car seat cover. A co-worker saw the ones I have in my car and wanted some for her van. She has small children and said she would greatly appreciate something she can throw in the washing machine. Since she really likes this pattern I've suggested (inspired by The Joyful Quilter. Thank you Joyful!) I'll be making a second one this weekend.


On to sewing up some frankenbatten to make another basket in the colour of March for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Thank you, Angela, for the fun challenge.

Enjoy!

;^)

Joining
Sarah at Confession of a Fabric Addict
Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation
Angela at So Scrappy
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Tish at Tish's Adventures in Wonderland






12 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your scrap basket is so fun, Chantal! Now you can fill it up with all kinds of scrappy goodness. Looks like your son's quilt turned out wonderfully, too!

Quilting Babcia said...

Love the scrap basket! You've been very productive this month, and I'm sure your sons love their beautiful warm quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on completing DS2's quilt and your basket for multi-colored scraps!! Thanks for the shout out, Chantal. That Pecking Order pattern goes together SEW quickly!

maggie fellow said...

fun quilts

Fiona said...

Wow on your lovely finishes... the quilt is amazing.. so many pieces.. is it quite heavy with the flannel and little pieces... it will be so warm but must have been a workout to quilt? love your baskets.... good idea keeping the little piece with the wording you wanted...
Hugz

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bravo, magnifiques ouvrages ! Tes paniers sont très beaux (et j'aime ce détail du coin !), ça rend super bien sur tes étagères. Superbes quilts aussi, j'adore les coins personnalisés Futur Ingénieur ;-)

Barb said...

congrats on your finishes! That star quilt is so fun and what a great scrappy quilt. Love the gears in the corners so clever!
You've been busy!

Marly said...

Your star quilts are a wonderful way to use your scraps, as are the scrap baskets. continue like this and you'll have nothing to put in those lovely baskets!

Kat Scribner said...

Oh my! Your 365 Day quilt in the header photo is nothing short of GORGEOUS!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You were really busy this week! Lots of great projects in the works. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Well you've just got ta-das all over the place! Great work!
Your Pecking Order block is gorgeous in those darks - I like it better than the Missouri Star one!

kiwikid said...

Love your header photo, that is a beautiful quilt. Your basket is of very cute and the quilts you have made for your sons are gorgeous.